Archive for - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Croeso i fforwm Abertyleri ar y we

For the old board click here
 


       - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box
kdwent

Abertillery Comp Slated yet again

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/..._school_but_head_vows_to_improve/


How many more times are we going to hear this about this school.

As the Argus states;
And the head teacher Paul Stock is vowing that results will show an improvement as early as this summer

And the Argus continues;
'But we cannot get away from the fact that too many of our schools in this corner of Wales, and the authorities which run them, have been letting down our children'.[/color]

Lets see what happens then, because as it stands this school is fast becoming a laughing stock.
Eddie legge

Dave Rocke
You can not believe what the Argus says
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
Dave Rocke
You can not believe what the Argus says


What!    Why are you mentioning Rocke in a posted he has neither started nor contributed to.  

Please try to make comments that are relevant to the topic. I know that's a novel concept to you but try it you may find that people are willing to engage with you then.
Eddie legge

Kdwent As a member of Dave Rocke's team of Barrack room Lawyers I thought you needed reminding that he dosnt believe a word the Argus has to say  
My own opiion Our childrens education should be a priority over all
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Kdwent As a member of Dave Rocke's team of Barrack room Lawyers I thought you needed reminding that he dosnt believe a word the Argus has to say  
My own opiion Our childrens education should be a priority over all


Well, well, well.
It seems to me that the 'Team Legge' tag is starting to hurt, so they are now trying to get over a message that there's a similar cabal opposing them.

NO, WRONG, COMPLETE AND ARRANT NONSENSE.
That's enough on that subject.

'Must try MUCH harder' is fitting for your lot's school of politics report.
Rocke

I wondered why you lot had issued the statement about the Comp's anti-bullying award. Standard political ploy, announce good news before the bad, and of course you would have known of the report's contents a few weeks ago.

It's why I didn't heap praise on the school. I had an inkling something else was coming.

And of course you couldn't bury the bad news either could you?

Anyway:


Eddie legge wrote:
Kdwent As a member of Dave Rocke's team of Barrack room Lawyers I thought you needed reminding that he dosnt believe a word the Argus has to say  
My own opiion Our childrens education should be a priority over all


Don't know why you're bringing the Argus into it.

Estyn said it, the Argus is simply pointing out to parents and anyone else interested how bad Estyn thinks things are.

"A BLAENAU Gwent head teacher has vowed his school’s summer exam results will show an improvement after a damning Estyn report deemed standards ‘unsatisfactory’ yesterday.  "

"Abertillery Comprehensive School has 45 days to draw up an action plan after it was placed in the inspectorate’s ‘significant improvement’ category, one belowspecial measures.

"Estyn report said that in half of lessons, pupils do not make enough progress at the school.

Boys do less well than girls, written work for a majority of pupils is untidy and incomplete, and teaching was repeatedly criticised for not being challenging.

The report said: “Teaching is good or better in around half of lessons.

In a minority of lessons teaching is not as effective. The pace of teaching in these lessons is often too slow and questioning does not sufficiently extend pupils’ understanding.

In a few lessons the level of challenge provided by activities is very low. In almost all of these lessons teachers have not established good working relationships with pupils.

As a result, there is low level disruption that is not effectively managed and pupils make very little progress.

"Standards and resource management were deemed unsatisfactory. "

"Despite slashing its deficit to a quarter of a million pounds, the school offers “unsatisfactory value for money” and does not provide an act of collective daily worship.

Now, questions need to be asked.

There are Commissioners in charge supposedly, so how on Earth has this school been able to get away with such low quality service?
It's the very reason they were imposed on the council in the first place.

Next - WHAT HAVE THE GOVERNORS BEEN DOING?
I'd guess that the Board of Governors is loaded with a mixture of Labour lackeys and staff.
When I was on the board of Governors there I was surprised and concerned about the high percentage of people who were employed at the school who were governors, and the very cosy relationship that the then-Head had with the then Chair of Governors and others.
There isn't enough questioning and challenging of figures.

Re. the deficit 'down to a quarter of a million' - at one point it was £600,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next, is the Misleader of the Council going to don a hair shirt and ask for forgiveness? He was quick to damn the previous administration, yet we now have schools and schooling in an even worse state.
One thing Cllr McCarthy, don't pray for success at Aber Comp. As you'll have read, they don't even have an act of worship.
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
Kdwent As a member of Dave Rocke's team of Barrack room Lawyers I thought you needed reminding that he dosnt believe a word the Argus has to say  
My own opiion Our childrens education should be a priority over all


Ha ha  Laughing    I don't think Rocke would accept legal advice off me even if I were fool enough to offer it.  No Rocke,  myself and a few others have got the measure of Team Legge and I think you dont like it.

Unfortunately as you don't seem to be interested in posting news that shows when our esteemed councillors have once again let our children down, then I will.  

Believe me I take no pleasure in posting about the way this school has let our children down, not just now but also for the rest of thier lives.  Unfortunately though the clowns over at civic centre are more interested in playing politics and point scoring than in correcting this dreadful situation.  If I am wrong then I am sure you will be more than able to post the facts about how they intend to change this.
Rocke

A further point I've just thought of:

I was under the impression that those Nantyglo pupils who were in their last year of GCSE's stayed put, in order to prevent them from being affected by the upheaval of changing schools.

That would have meant that any former Nantyglo pupils would have done their entire GCSE courses at Aber.

The school officially closed in August 2010, the building then becoming a campus of Aber Comp, in order to enable Year 10 to complete their GCSE courses in situ.

Why therefore is the Head claiming that the merger was possibly a contributing factor?
pent boy

The argus

This just reminded me of one of my dear old dad's favourite sayings " the only thing you can believe in the newspaper is the date "  Wink
kdwent

Re: The argus

pent boy wrote:
This just reminded me of one of my dear old dad's favourite sayings " the only thing you can believe in the newspaper is the date "  Wink


True.  

But in this case they are either quoting the heads words or direct from the inspectors report.  

I don't think they are lying this time.
Rocke

In case anyone doubts the Argus' ability to quote things correctly, this is a link to the actual Estyn Report:

http://www.estyn.gov.uk/english/provider/6774074/

I particularly like Estyn's frankness.
"Half of pupils believe...... That means that half of them do not".

"A majority of parents believe.......That means that almost half disagree that ..........the school is well run".

We were all shown to be complacent and not challenging enough in 2011, there was much hand-wringing but not enough of the 'I'm Cllr X, I've contributed to falling education standards and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again'.

And it has been allowed to happen again.

The end of Blaenau Gwent is looming ever larger with this latest mess.

PS my auto-sig should be changed to:

If you can read this you probably went to a good primary School.
If you can read it in English you are one of the lucky ones.
If you can understand it why are you bothering to read something about a school you probably never went to, and certainly wouldn't send your children there?  

I notice the defensive drivel's dried up.

Until the letters to the press of course.
kdwent

Rocke wrote:
I notice the defensive drivel's dried up.

Until the letters to the press of course.


They know that this report cannot be defended.
Eddie legge

Rocke you did suggest that it was because of a labour  Welsh Assembly that Estyn was sent to Blaenau Gwent
Saeson

Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke you did suggest that it was because of a labour  Welsh Assembly that Estyn was sent to Blaenau Gwent


Nope, don`t think he did. Schools are inspected every six years; the last Aber Comp inspection was 2007.
Eddie legge

I asked Rocke March 2012 why did you say that Estyn  went to Ebbw Vale because it was governed by independent ask him again
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
I asked Rocke March 2012 why did you say that Estyn  went to Ebbw Vale because it was governed by independent ask him again



Just out of interest what on earth does the above mean?  Confused
Eddie legge

Kdwent my reply to Saeson
martyn142

This is brilliant - a reply to kdwent about a reply to Saeson about a reply to Rocke  Very Happy
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke you did suggest that it was because of a labour  Welsh Assembly that Estyn was sent to Blaenau Gwent



Eddie legge wrote:
I asked Rocke March 2012 why did you say that Estyn  went to Ebbw Vale because it was governed by independent ask him again


Now which is it to be 'Eddie' ?

Laughing
Rocke

martyn142 wrote:
This is brilliant - a reply to kdwent about a reply to Saeson about a reply to Rocke  Very Happy


I'm not happy about this thread.

There's no f...ing of me via allegations of inappropriate language.


OIII,  'EDDIEs' - YOU'VE MISSED ONE OUT !!!!!!!!!!
Eddie legge

Rocke  you did say Estyn only came to Blaenau Gwent because it was governed by an independent authority
And let me remind you ex councilor Rocke you can use the f word till kingdom come and it wont make you I ounce heaver or I inch taller
It will however make you the very one to have taken Abertillery Forum down the bad language road that Facebook has chosen
Rocke

So - it's the latter and not the former.

So - you tried to say that I said that Estyn came to Blaenau Gwent because Labour was the controlling party of the Welsh Assembly/Government.

So - 'kd' has corrected you. Estyn has a schedule and is not directed in which authority to inspect.    

So - don't you lot realise that in saying two diametrically opposed claims that I was always going to be on a winner ?
I just simply say "you were wrong there".

So - aren't you lot grateful that I've finished with bollitics?
kdwent

Rocke wrote:

So - 'kd' has corrected you. Estyn has a schedule and is not directed in which authority to inspect.    

So - aren't you lot grateful that I've finished with bollitics?


Sorry Dave  I think it was Saeson who corrected them.

As for you finishing with 'bolitics'  have you ?   Twisted Evil
Rocke

Oops, Sorry Kev and Saeson  Embarassed

YES. I can tell you now.

My objective is to right a few wrongs by making things uncomfortable for those who misgovern us in the context that we want better, not worse, lives for ourselves and our families.

It is not about removing Labour and/or the large amount of ineffectual, even incapable and possibly as far as inept, sheep in its fold. (True, that would be a by-product).

Been there, seen it, done it and set new standards I believe. On the whole a fulfilling phase of my life now ended.

I'd be having a field day as an opposition councillor and a bonanza if I were leader of the opposition group. Yet it doesn't seem to be much of a bunfight does it?

The Council's an old boys club to be blunt.

I achieved my original objective, to get on the inside and then to be able to tell everyone all about it.

Campaign manager might be a challenge though...........  

Smile
kdwent

Fight the good fight. Im with you all the way. They have had it far too easy for far too long.  

Im always happy to shake a rotten tree and see what falls so to speak.
Eddie legge

Kdwent why don't you  push off as well  go and play with Rocke in his Wendy house,
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
Kdwent why don't you  push off as well  go and play with Rocke in his Wendy house,



ooooh.

Toys out of pushchair time eh.
Let me tell you team legge I don't intend to push off for any of you.  
If you don't like what I say you know what to do and believe me I got a lot more to say yet.

Over to you,  I suggest you go have a meeting in order to ensure your reply is up to the usual team standards  Twisted Evil
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Kdwent why don't you  push off as well  go and play with Rocke in his Wendy house,


Put a tune to these words:

"Na na na na na".

It's like a BGT audition isn't it?

SC: "And what's your name"
"Eddie Legge"
SC: "And yours?"
"Eddie Legge"
SC: "Don't tell me, you're Eddie Legge as well"
"Yes, how did you know?"
SC: "Strange name for a woman isn't it?"

"And how stupid are you all going to make yourself look in front of us today?"
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
Kdwent why don't you  push off as well  go and play with Rocke in his Wendy house,


And I could give a good guess as to which member of team legged said this.  what's the saying about a woman scorned
Eddie legge

Two peas in a pod

Kdwent never reluctant to bathe himself and Rocke in the orange glow of self praise and glory
A reminder for you both When Comissioners were appointed by the Welsh government to run Blaenau Gwent Education service in 2011 after a critical inspection report Councilor Rocke said it was because of a labour governing body in Welsh Assembly
Rocke

Rocke wrote:
Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke you did suggest that it was because of a labour  Welsh Assembly that Estyn was sent to Blaenau Gwent



Eddie legge wrote:
I asked Rocke March 2012 why did you say that Estyn  went to Ebbw Vale because it was governed by independent ask him again


Now which is it to be 'Eddie' ?

Laughing


Eddie legge wrote:
Kdwent never reluctant to bathe himself and Rocke in the orange glow of self praise and glory
A reminder for you both When Comissioners were appointed by the Welsh government to run Blaenau Gwent Education service in 2011 after a critical inspection report Councilor Rocke said it was because of a labour governing body in Welsh Assembly


This is neither of the things you said earlier.

Now which is it to be ?????????

PS - do you lot take it in turns?
The last time we had these characteristics in 'your' post was Tuesday. There were different traits yesterday.

Today you're back to Eddie Legge's normal characteristics.
Eddie legge

I stand corrected I should have said when Commisioners took over the running of Blaenau Gwent Education services
Still it dosnt alter the fact that Rocke didnt believe at the time there was any thing
wrong with our childrens education and that the Commissioners only came because Blaenau Gwent was being run by an Independat Authority
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
I stand corrected I should have said when Commisioners took over the running of Blaenau Gwent Education services
Still it dosnt alter the fact that Rocke didnt believe at the time there was any thing
wrong with our childrens education and that the Commissioners only came because Blaenau Gwent was being run by an Independat Authority



This is so funny. Rocke reminds you how your spelling and grammar change and you immediately submit a posting with bad spelling.  You really are a joke the lot of you.
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
I stand corrected I should have said when Commisioners took over the running of Blaenau Gwent Education services
Still it dosnt alter the fact that Rocke didnt believe at the time there was any thing
wrong with our childrens education and that the Commissioners only came because Blaenau Gwent was being run by an Independat Authority


Mmm - give us all proof that I ever said there was nothing wrong with our children's education. I can read, Aber Comp wasn't there when I had my education.
As far as I'm aware no-one - ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE - ever said there was 'nothing wrong' with the provision of education, and anyone who did after that report would have been laughed out of town.

They've not been sent into Torfaen have they - and that's a labour-controlled council that has worse stats that BG, and it has had to sack a Board of Governors.

AND Labour WG-imposed Commissioners have FAILED to prevent the rot.

ABER COMP'S GOT W-O-R-S-E !!!!

Bye bye BG.
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
I stand corrected I should have said when Commisioners took over the running of Blaenau Gwent Education services
Still it dosnt alter the fact that Rocke didnt believe at the time there was any thing
wrong with our childrens education and that the Commissioners only came because Blaenau Gwent was being run by an Independat Authority


PS I want yet another apology off you.
Serious and genuine readers of this forum don't believe any of the nonsense those lot fill YOUR HEAD with, (the cabal who probably originally thought it was quite funny to use the guise of one of a respected generation, thinking we'd all fall for it).

However, I'm getting a tad fed up with having to take time to splat your nonsensical - and dare I say scandalous, even close to libellous - utterings.

YOU come up with something to justify what you've said, or make no bones about it I'll start digging the dirt on you, self-confessed  vandal and destroyer of other people's property.

And I suspect most on here will believe what I say.
Eddie legge

David  Rocke a posting from Eddie Legge Fri March 9th 2012
Come off it Rocke Why did you say that Estyn went to Ebbw Vale because it was governed by Independants
You did not deny saying the above neither did Saeson or Kdwent in any way correct what I said about Estyn
Now since the Education issue is again a matter for concern in Blaenau Gwent was it wrong of me to assume today That  what you said then you didnt believe our childrens education was bad and in need
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
David  Rocke a posting from Eddie Legge Fri March 9th 2012
Come off it Rocke Why did you say that Estyn went to Ebbw Vale because it was governed by Independants
You did not deny saying the above neither did Saeson or Kdwent in any way correct what I said about Estyn
Now since the Education issue is again a matter for concern in Blaenau Gwent was it wrong of me to assume today That  what you said then you didnt believe our childrens education was bad and in need


Because I didn't have to deny your idiotic rambling.
No-one believed that a councillor would make such a stupid mistake as stating that Estyn was politically motivated.

It's a statutory body charged with ensuring certain standards in the provision of education. It's not a brigade of WG stormtroopers.

Now, run along and find another picture of a Prime Minister to vandalise.
There's a Conservative Club in Llanhilleth.

You could do a raid - a few people, all in Eddie Legge masks.
Eddie legge

Rocke I couldn’t smash any more Photos didn’t you know that Martyn 142 said I was gutless
If he had said I was a silly old fool or even on times a bloody nuisance I would have accepted but gutless that really did hurt
Anyway haven’t heard a word from Martyn about David Rockes posting with the F word is it because he can not say a good thing about it and would rather not say a bad thing
martyn142

Why do you expect me to come up with a judgement on what Rocke says Team Legge? What am I, the Pope? You lot are a very strange bunch.

As it happens, I have known David Rocke for roughly 40 years and known him very well for not much less than that, and I can't ever remember him using the F word. So, either he has had a major lapse in his behaviour or he was telling the truth when he said he meant 'flaming'.

Maybe you could pass the word around among yourselves.
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke I couldn’t smash any more Photos didn’t you know that Martyn 142 said I was gutless
If he had said I was a silly old fool or even on times a bloody nuisance I would have accepted but gutless that really did hurt
Anyway haven’t heard a word from Martyn about David Rockes posting with the F word is it because he can not say a good thing about it and would rather not say a bad thing


Eddie you really are not doing yourself any favours by continually harping on about what you believe was said.  

May I also say that I find your use of a swear word to be a little hypocritical given that you have praised this forum for not following the same path as facebook in allowing swearing.

Please realise that now you have sworn you have lost any moral high ground that you thought you may have had.
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke I couldn’t smash any more Photos didn’t you know that Martyn 142 said I was gutless
If he had said I was a silly old fool or even on times a bloody nuisance I would have accepted but gutless that really did hurt
Anyway haven’t heard a word from Martyn about David Rockes posting with the F word is it because he can not say a good thing about it and would rather not say a bad thing


Naughty naughty.

And I don't think anyone's fallen for your futile attempt at blackening my name by stating as fact that I use inappropriate language.
As I said - it's the tawdry, intellectually-challenged mind that processes the information, not the eloquence of the mouth that generates it.

And isn't it one of the traits of gutless people to hide behind others?
Eddie legge

A friend in need

Martyn this is Eddie Legge and not one of Rockes stupid valley prats or one of your gutless 77year old disabled pensioners
Martyn don’t try to hide from the fact that your knowledge of the English language is second to none, You know very well what Rockes F word meant wanting me to believe that it might have meant flaming in his posting about Bevan Boys
That posting coming from a friend of 40 years has left you between a rock and a hard place, not able to find a good thing to say about it and because of your friendship very reluctant to say a bad thing
Why may I ask again and again if it was an innocent word why the missing letters?
I have had many arguments on Forum with Rocke on this occasion I originally only asked why the F word in his posting there was no need whatsoever,
Martyn a honest answer please, are you one of those persons who like Rockes mother are of the belief that the F word isn’t something anti-social and inappropriate on an internet Forum  
And when next you sit down with your life long friend, tell him what he has put you through and remind him that Eddie would have never used his mother in order to win an argument and to the justify the use of a very rude word not even on an internet Forum
Ian Jones

prat [præt]
n
Slang an incompetent or ineffectual person: often used as a term of abuse  

Note the word "Abuse"
Rocke

Re: A friend in need

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn this is Eddie Legge and not one of Rockes stupid valley prats or one of your gutless 77year old disabled pensioners
Martyn don’t try to hide from the fact that your knowledge of the English language is second to none, You know very well what Rockes F word meant wanting me to believe that it might have meant flaming in his posting about Bevan Boys
That posting coming from a friend of 40 years has left you between a rock and a hard place, not able to find a good thing to say about it and because of your friendship very reluctant to say a bad thing
Why may I ask again and again if it was an innocent word why the missing letters?
I have had many arguments on Forum with Rocke on this occasion I originally only asked why the F word in his posting there was no need whatsoever,
Martyn a honest answer please, are you one of those persons who like Rockes mother are of the belief that the F word isn’t something anti-social and inappropriate on an internet Forum  
And when next you sit down with your life long friend, tell him what he has put you through and remind him that Eddie would have never used his mother in order to win an argument and to the justify the use of a very rude word not even on an internet Forum


My initial reaction was 'perfect English - Uncle Barry must have written it' until I noticed the missing apostrophe in "Rockes mother".

THEN I read what's been written.

Eddie legge wrote:
....are you one of those persons who like Rockes mother are of the belief that the F word isn’t something anti-social and inappropriate on an internet Forum
.

That is one of the most scurrilous things I've ever read. To dare to suggest that my mother believes it's acceptable to use 'the F-word' at all is absolutely outrageous.

I have a number of options.
The good news is that I've decided against a visit......................
Eddie legge

Rocke said the following
There are still some people - my mother's one - who are of the belief that f...ing isn't something anti-social and inappropriate on an Internet Forum but refers to the environs of the devil
Eddie said and I still think it's quite sad and indulgent when people have to bring their mother into a conversation and may I had most especilly when one is trying to justify the use of a very rude offensive word
Who is the spinless one now Rocke who hasnt the courage to write  the word in question without missing letters
And in future Rocke if you even dream about threatening me with a vist I shall demand an apology
admin

May I just remind users of this forum that personal attacks, bad language and other offensive behaviour will not be tolerated.

I feel that some of the comments in this thread are getting very close to breaching forum rules.

Whilst I am reluctant to ban anybody for expressing an opinion, please be assured I will take that step if this continues.

Please bear this in mind in your future postings.
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke said the following
There are still some people - my mother's one - who are of the belief that f...ing isn't something anti-social and inappropriate on an Internet Forum but refers to the environs of the devil
Eddie said and I still think it's quite sad and indulgent when people have to bring their mother into a conversation and may I had most especilly when one is trying to justify the use of a very rude offensive word
Who is the spinless one now Rocke who hasnt the courage to write  the word in question without missing letters
And in future Rocke if you even dream about threatening me with a vist I shall demand an apology


You can have your apology in person.
In just over 10 minutes, I think.
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke said the following
There are still some people - my mother's one - who are of the belief that f...ing isn't something anti-social and inappropriate on an Internet Forum but refers to the environs of the devil
Eddie said and I still think it's quite sad and indulgent when people have to bring their mother into a conversation and may I had most especilly when one is trying to justify the use of a very rude offensive word
Who is the spinless one now Rocke who hasnt the courage to write  the word in question without missing letters
And in future Rocke if you even dream about threatening me with a vist I shall demand an apology


3.9 miles, and it was just under 10 minutes.
I assume that's why you weren't waiting to receive the apology.

One of your neighbours (who I know) was very impressed with my car.

The rest of you weren't worth the fuel.

This is a reminder of what can happen if someone pushes 'debate' too far.
Now, I'm waiting - anytime, anywhere, for that apology, and I won't be asking for it on here any more.

Oh - and I don't break as easily as pictures of Baroness Thatcher, talking of which, one of her expressions comes to mind.

Are you frit?

Internet warriors - gutless, spineless and faceless.
admin

I have unfortunately had to take the extreme step of banning a user as a result of his actions.  

Whether he carried the stated action out or not is irrelevant, the fact that he stated on this forum that he did is sufficient.

I will remind all users now for the last time that any user breaking the forum rules will be banned.

       - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum