Archive for - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Croeso i fforwm Abertyleri ar y we

For the old board click here
 


       - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box
eddie jones

All in this together

Were all in this together http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/...ouncillors_look_set_for_pay_rise/
Rocke

Re: All in this together

eddie jones wrote:
Were all in this together http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/...ouncillors_look_set_for_pay_rise/


So, if "we're all in this together" why aren't a proportion of BG councillors being made redundant, as are the workforce?

Oh - and it's an INDEPENDANT panel. It's not councillors saying 'we will only take a small increase' - but I bet they will.

Time will tell (and when it does rest assured that I will).

PS don't give up the day job. You're the best way to The Party's heart I've got, and I'm sure that once Aberystwyth Al's PR boys have ruled you inept for giving me a stage you will be out of your self-appointed role as chief propagandist for er...... this forum.

After all, they don't trust you with media duties do they?


 Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
stoob

All in this together

The gravy train is full of councillors and their trusted executives, no room for ground workers.
martyn142

How many are being made redundant?
Rocke

martyn142 wrote:
How many are being made redundant?


Councillors, 'executives' or workers Martyn?

In fact, there was a proposal 2 or 3 years back to reduce the number of BG councillors by 11.
The council's been bloated (2nd highest number of councillors per elector in Wales) since it came into being as a result of Reorganisation.
Bringing the level to the average of Wales (approx 1 councillor per 2,500 electors) from its current of 1 per 1,400 approx would cut ten wards from 3 to 2 (good job) and one ward from 2 to 1 (which is a bit daft to be honest).

I suspect the first set of elections to Caerphilly Greater Council will bring that in.

'Executives' will clearly go.
Unlike Reorganisation where Town Clerks etc. simply got jobs as other, newly created Chief Officers such as Head of Housing, Head of Management Services etc. there won't be any such opportunities this time.
I'd therefore expect Caerphilly's Chief Exec to retain his position and BG's to find another or opt for Early Retirement under whatever rules will be in place for loss of office due to restructuring (as this will no doubt be put over).

As for the workers, I've heard figures of 160+ bandied about.

I know that 11 catering staff were handed P45's instead of Christmas Cards in Dec 2012. I gather 60-odd Leisure staff were in fear of their jobs over Christmas last year (and 30-odd arte to go apparently).
They of course won't have the benefit of compensatory schemes due to 'Restructuring'.
Cllr McCarthy and his band of working class championing sheep will have made the decision to throw them on the scrapheap before their Labour mates down the bay do.
T Bone

What an absolute disgrace. Who are these independent people, are they morons?

Even the smallest rise is a humiliation for all the council employees (mostly front-line staff) who face an uncertain future/redundancy, with another £10 million savings to be made next year.
There are hundreds of thousands of hard working people in this country who haven’t had a pay rise for a number of years yet with the increase in energy prices, petrol and the general cost of living, this is like having a 5% to 10% cut in their wage packet.

They use to say that pensioners are afraid to put on their heating for fear of their heating bill, but this seems to affect every one of us now.

When you pay for a service and you think you are not getting value for money, you are well within your rights to take your customer elsewhere. Unfortunately we have no option but to stick with the same old tried and trusted failures.    

Any self respecting Councillor would refuse this pay rise out of principle.
eddie jones

T Bone wrote:
What an absolute disgrace. Who are these independent people, are they morons


rocke is an independent
Rocke

The independent Members' Remuneration Panel work within a fairly limited framework unfortunately.

Basically the rule is that councillors work 25 hours per week on average, so their 'pay' is linked to AMs' salaries (pro-rata).

Additionally, there's a 'public service discount' which takes account of the 'fact' that anyone who wants to be a councillor wants to do the job more out of public spirit than for financial gain, and hence would accept only 75% of the pro-rata AM salary (ie. a 25% 'discount').

Hence a basic £13,000-odd against Alun 'Aberystwyth Al' Davies AM's wad (plus expenses of course).
martyn142

Rocke wrote:
martyn142 wrote:
How many are being made redundant?


Councillors, 'executives' or workers Martyn?

I was referring to Keyboard Warrior eddie's assertion that we are all in this together Rockey. I don't see any of People's Party heroes losing their jobs, unlike the staff they are throwing out of work.

Right on brothers!  Embarassed
Rocke

I guessed that Martyn, but it did provide me with an opening !  Very Happy
Eddie legge

We are all in this

Why has David Rocke offered to hire a bus to take those wanting to attend a public meeting in Llanhilleth?
Is it because of council cut backs and if so Why may I ask  When Independents were governing Blaenau Gwent and the electorate were protesting over loss of public services did he  Cllr Rocke gave us a lecture on good house keeping
We know today’s financial situation is much worse and not only in Blaenau Gwent When the Tory Lib Dems slashed funding to our Welsh Assembly  all 22 local authorities in Wales has had  to make difficult unpopular cuts  to public spending
I believe Rocke is still sulking over losing his council seat to labour and will use the public meeting (If he attends) as an opportunity to turn the public against labour  
Those who have read Rocke postings on Abertillery Forum would know about his hard feelings towards labour leader Hedley McCarthy
Rocke has been harboring  a grudge against Hedley for a number of years and I very much doubt if he remembers what angered him in the first place, A word of advice a life lived without  forgiveness is a prison
Ian

Must be difficult for you these days Eddie trying to remember what surname to use when you post.Labour seem to me to be doing a very fine job of alienating the public without Rocke's help.Given that he is now a private citizen what has the housekeeping of the council got to do with him hiring a bus.Perhaps it's being held in Llanilleth to discourage those that this council is supposed to represent,turning up.Is it that Labour are afraid of people genuinely interested in this community turning up,and asking too many questions they can't give an honest answer to? or is it due the cut backs as it avoids using the official car. Always supposing this meeting is seen as important enough to turn up to that is. Laughing
Eddie legge

Are you the real Ian Jones

Trouble is knowing who you are Ian When Thatcher asked striking miners to go back to work surprising how many did her bidding, and surprising again how many are doing the Tory Lib Dems bidding when hiring a bus to criticize labors cost cutting measures The very financial crises Cameron and Co has inflicted on communities all
We don't have any one stupid enough to defend council cut backs with a lecture on good house keeping The very last time Rocke offered free transport a late Taxi home for Abertillery personnel who didn't have the fare to pay he was earning £20, 000 yearly from public purse plus  his wage from full time employment, and it was then a vote collecting stunt  I am given to believe he his now unemployed Why may I ask his he so keen to hire a bus other than to have support for his labour bashing antics
Ian

I've said this before,myself and Mr Jones may share the same first name,however we are not the same person and I have never tried to make it look as if we are.I see you are trying the old miners strike insult again,desperation setting in is it?As for myself I've never worked in the mining industry,I have however been involved in both organising and participating in many strikes during the 35 years I have worked for my current employer.Perhaps Rocke wants to give as many people as possible the opportunity to attend this meeting,if the council were interested in this happening,then they coud have organised it in a more central,more accessible venue.Or perhaps that's the point.....fewer interested parties there the better.I think however you are missing the point here,be it Labour,Tory,Lib Dem,the elected representatives of this borough are failing to do the job they were elected to do ie.represent the interests of those who live within it's boundaries.This will obviously lead to them being questioned about the relevant issues.......  Rolling Eyes
Ian Jones

One wonders why Mr Legge doesn't mention the fact that there is no planned meeting for the public in the north of our Valley, Blaina Nantyglo, Brynmawr very presumptuous of the council to think those people would not want to know what is going on.

20 Borough Councillors were invited by letter (which only some had the grace to reply to personally) to a meeting on the 12th Feb only one turned up.

Some suggested that they represent "their" ward and listen to "their" constituents, maybe "their" leader ought to remind them that  even the most inexperienced councillor knows the difference between ward and borough issues as he stated on this forum when  he was in opposition and the meeting of the 12th Feb was as Cllr Bartlett can confirm a meeting for borough issues.

I believe some didn't turn up because they were toeing the party line as ever.
Others because they were simply being condescending towards what they saw as a small number of people belonging to a facebook group who wanted answers from the people they elected.
There were infact ordinary members of the public in attendance and Cllr Bartlett was treated with respect, there were no scenes of unruliness only people wanting answers.

Many of these people myself included do not want to see a tory led council, we would like the one we elected to represent the people as they promised they would when seeking to gain election.

Instead of 1or 2 egotistical people at the forefront of the council  trying to play stupid games with the electorate at what may turn out to be to the detriment of the council at the next election.
Why don't those few either apologise to the electorate or let someone within their party who is more capable and people friendly take command.

Mr "Legge's" rantings were the primary reason i did not vote Labour in the last council elections and if it continues i believe many more will follow suit.

A few short months ago a facebook group was started and far from poisoning the public against Labour it gave them an opportunity to be more informed as to what is happening in Blaenau Gwent, many have indeed stated that on there.

Every single person who bothers to make themselves aware of political affairs knows that cuts are as a result of the Con/Dem Government and this process is passed down to our Borough Council to make decisions.

It is the manner in which the Council made these cuts and who would be most affected the public and council workforce (or should i say EX council workforce) are not happy with.

If this council were not pressured into holding the meetings on the 18th and 19th of Feb they certainly would not have held them, we all know the decisions have already been made so the meetings are a sham and a poor attempt at the council trying to save face.
Maybe they have learned valuable lessons from this and they will act in a more public friendly way in future "if they are in power that is"
Rocke

Re: We are all in this

Eddie legge wrote:
Why has David Rocke offered to hire a bus to take those wanting to attend a public meeting in Llanhilleth?
Is it because of council cut backs and if so Why may I ask  When Independents were governing Blaenau Gwent and the electorate were protesting over loss of public services did he  Cllr Rocke gave us a lecture on good house keeping
We know today’s financial situation is much worse and not only in Blaenau Gwent When the Tory Lib Dems slashed funding to our Welsh Assembly  all 22 local authorities in Wales has had  to make difficult unpopular cuts  to public spending
I believe Rocke is still sulking over losing his council seat to labour and will use the public meeting (If he attends) as an opportunity to turn the public against labour  
Those who have read Rocke postings on Abertillery Forum would know about his hard feelings towards labour leader Hedley McCarthy
Rocke has been harboring  a grudge against Hedley for a number of years and I very much doubt if he remembers what angered him in the first place, A word of advice a life lived without  forgiveness is a prison


Most definitely NOT the words and scribblings of Thomas Edward Legge, Labour died hard of the Electoral Register of this Borough.

But a wonderful insight into the concerns of a cabal who now have to batten down the hatches against the storm that Cllr McCarthy's 'missus' has brought about by deciding to have a go.

I know where the skeletons are. All I have to do is get them into the open.
The Freedom of Information Act is a formidable weapon in the right hands - as you sheep well know (by now).

Armageddon is at hand, and I suspect a Downfall Moment approaches for whoever decided to start this nonsense back up.

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Rocke

Re: Are you the real Ian Jones

Eddie legge wrote:
Trouble is knowing who you are Ian When Thatcher asked striking miners to go back to work surprising how many did her bidding, and surprising again how many are doing the Tory Lib Dems bidding when hiring a bus to criticize labors cost cutting measures The very financial crises Cameron and Co has inflicted on communities all
We don't have any one stupid enough to defend council cut backs with a lecture on good house keeping The very last time Rocke offered free transport a late Taxi home for Abertillery personnel who didn't have the fare to pay he was earning £20, 000 yearly from public purse plus  his wage from full time employment, and it was then a vote collecting stunt  I am given to believe he his now unemployed Why may I ask his he so keen to hire a bus other than to have support for his labour bashing antics


Simple.

Because there is now a sparse service between Aber and Llan.
This is mainly because when the Labour Council of 2004-8 negotiated a subsidised bus service from Aber to Llan in order to cover the fact that it had failed in its dutty to provide rail access from Aber to Cardiff and Newport the clowns never provided for it to be for as long as we never had a rail link.
Instead it settled for a year-on-year arrangement.
And guess what happened the first year after it lost power ?
Yes - Labour's mates down the bay pulled the plug on the subsidy, and hence the bus link.

So now we're back to Stagecoach's timetabling.

It is of course pretty clear that holding a meeting at a place with difficult public transport access will almost certainly result in a low(er) turnout.

I'm therefore doing what I think the council should have done - prepared to subsidise a bus in order that people who want can have their say.

Oh - and I will be there, camera at the ready.
If Cllr McCarthy dares to turn up to a meeting in his own ward in the Civic Car it will be all over the Net for all to see.

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
stoob

All in this together

The public purse is paying for all the jolly boy outings, that bash at the Beaufort Ballroom set the authority back years.
Great being lectured by snobs, bigots and flunkeys, "Knowing who you are".
Eddie legge

Hard bad feelings

Ian might be two of you with the name Jones only one Eddie Legge sorry if you thought I had done you wrong
However when Independents governed and were having to make cuts to public services it was Rocke who believed a lecture on good house keeping was needed in order to defend independents cost cutting measure,    
And when Rocke was pocketing a yearly £20,000 from the public purse he used the Abertillery on line Forum to tell us how many times the labour leader had use of civic car, Not a word about his leader Hillman who had use of civic car to take him to and from work ferry him around Borough and had use of chauffeur driven car to take himself and family to Rugby match in Cardiff
Ian Jones ex coal miner  who voted independent not because of Eddie Legge he wanted Rocke re elected it is surprising how close Rocke and Ian Jones are both used members of their own families when disagreeing with Eddie Legge Rocke over the use of F word and Ian over identity
David Rocke I ask again what has Hedley McCarthy ever done to upset you I wonder if you do have stomach enough to tell us why you are harboring such ill feelings towards another member of society, was it because Hedley was re-elected and not yourself, if you reply tell us why
A word of advice David Rocke Hatred eats into the soul and kills you long before you die
Rocke

Re: Hard bad feelings

Eddie legge wrote:
Ian might be two of you with the name Jones only one Eddie Legge sorry if you thought I had done you wrong
However when Independents governed and were having to make cuts to public services it was Rocke who believed a lecture on good house keeping was needed in order to defend independents cost cutting measure,    
And when Rocke was pocketing a yearly £20,000 from the public purse he used the Abertillery on line Forum to tell us how many times the labour leader had use of civic car, Not a word about his leader Hillman who had use of civic car to take him to and from work ferry him around Borough and had use of chauffeur driven car to take himself and family to Rugby match in Cardiff
Ian Jones ex coal miner  who voted independent not because of Eddie Legge he wanted Rocke re elected it is surprising how close Rocke and Ian Jones are both used members of their own families when disagreeing with Eddie Legge Rocke over the use of F word and Ian over identity
David Rocke I ask again what has Hedley McCarthy ever done to upset you I wonder if you do have stomach enough to tell us why you are harboring such ill feelings towards another member of society, was it because Hedley was re-elected and not yourself, if you reply tell us why
A word of advice David Rocke Hatred eats into the soul and kills you long before you die


Only one using the keyboard at a time you mean.

Which DID NOT INVOLVE COMPULSORY REDUNDANCIES.
Which also did not leave sporting organisations and their members having to tend for themselves.
And which did not unduly affect the day-to-day lives of people. (Street lighting switch-offs were restricted to the small hours, not during the times that Day workers get up and go to work).

Oh - and good housekeeping meant that citizens finally had some of the lowest Council Tax rises they had ever experienced.
 


Tell us that's a bad thing, so we can get the prove we need that you're completely out of touch with reality.

Oh - and you've neglected to say that Hedley McCarthy earned £21,000 for leading - sorry, don't want to mislead you, for being the figurehead - of the Labour opposition.
Hedley McCarthy (as you call him) has in my view committed the worst moral crime of all - he has betrayed his fellow Valley boys and girls by failing to defend Abertillery and its valley against economic decline brought on by an Ebbw Vale-centred Labour Party who he needs in order to fufil his self-agrandisement.
He sold his soul - and my children's right to a better future - for personal, political reasons.
We have a town in terminal decline under HIS bolitical leadership.
(Fwiw a number of other councillors over the years have sold their souls to political ambition to the detriment of this town and its surrounds as well).

As it happens he's also a bolitical backstabber. Seems to think the tactics of that picket line he once boasted about being arrested on are the way of the world.


No real matter. The enjoyment in politics watching is when they fall. I'll never forget That Cow crying as she got into her publicly-funded car and left No. 10 for the last time.
Hedley McCarthy's days are numbered and the end is fast approaching.

His usefulness to The Party ie. the one to take all the flak as Leader will come to an end with the demise of BG in 2017.
I can't see him being a preferred candidate in the 2017 Greater Caerphilly elections.

Er - so there 'Eddie'.
Now, ring up one of the more intelligent sheep to explain to you what a lot of my response means.

PS thanks for the platform everyone.  Wink
Ian Jones

Ian Jones EX-Coalminer voted anything rather than Labour because of Eddie Legge's rantings.
Well done Mr Legge i dare say you have given many more people this time around the reason to vote anything other than Labour.
Waffle Waffle Waffle, thats all you have left now as a weapon  Mr Legge and people saw through that long ago.
Maybe it's time for a change of strategy perhaps you could list this present Council's achievements that shouldn't take you long, i'll start you off shall i.

Schools still underachieving even with the help of so many specialists.

Loosing control of the authority as it will be swallowed up by one or two others.

Throwing workers on to the scrap heap and not one councillor or officer loosing a penny never mind their job OHH almost forgot they get pay rises too don't they.

The difference with your waffle and other people's posts on here and other forums is simply your's is "WAFFLE" the others use facts and speak the truth about those in power now.
You carry on with the list Mr Legge and not harp on about Rocke in the past.
Independents had a short time in control and Cardiff made it as difficult as they possibly could for them.
Labour had been in power since before i was born and all they did is watch these valleys go down the tubes with the exception of Eldorado Vale.
Why don't you start trying to talk politic's Mr Legge not pry into people's personal lives upsetting their families and also trying to find out if they were strike breakers.
Face it you and the Labour party have nothing left to argue you are all waffled out.
That is why Labour called the 2 meetings on the 18th and 19th to try to save face and the more they protest the guiltier they become of showing contempt for their electorate.

And after all that, if Labour were to change their complacent ways (I said many times once they got back in they would become complacent again and that has been proved correct) and start treating voters like intelligent human beings and not just an X on a ballot paper start listening to their concerns and stop making the ordinary Councillor toe the party line they may get somewhere.
Mr Legge all you think about is the past while many of us look towards the future for our Children and Grandchildren.
We want decent education and employment for them, we want a transport system worthy of the 21st Century not Waterslides and street art.
One more thing i would quote to your Labour colleagues from one of the finest Labour Men this World has ever seen.
""This is my truth, tell me yours."
Eddie legge

Keep it up Rocke

Rocke you say thanks Eddie for the platform, No problem the longer you go on spouting nonsense and rumour, the longer I shall keep giving you the opportunity to do so
As for council tax Dennis Hughes left labour because they set council tax to low
Some more words of advice Rocke It is all to easy to complain and say we must have better But getting it done to please everyone is an entirely different matter
I shall be looking forward to your next episode of nonsensical drivel
Rocke

No doubt you'll pass on my comments to Cllr McCarthy and we can all see what he has to say about the matter.

Oh no, there's no need for that ! I'm sure that Sue will have the password to the 'Hedley McCarthy' pseudonym Lisa (or is it Barry, or some other keyboard and class warrior twp?)

In fact, I think we all know the outcome.

I've put up and you've been shut up.

Oh - and of course it's nonsensical drivel to you. You don't have the intelligence to understand the words nor the intellect to understand the consequences of your actions.

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Rocke

Re: Keep it up Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke you say thanks Eddie for the platform, No problem the longer you go on spouting nonsense and rumour, the longer I shall keep giving you the opportunity to do so
As for council tax Dennis Hughes left labour because they set council tax to low
Some more words of advice Rocke It is all to easy to complain and say we must have better But getting it done to please everyone is an entirely different matter
I shall be looking forward to your next episode of nonsensical drivel


Pity you weren't so free with that advice between 2008-12. After all, that's what your mob did. (Funny thing is, everything they complained about was thrown out by the WAO, Ombudsman etc. etc. Serial complainers without substance).

And of course the killer is that this administration is actually pleasing NO-ONE.
It's an embarrassment to the Labour Party, an embarrassment to its own individual councillors, most of whom appear too reluctant to appear in public for fear of having flak (never happened in my day) and of course it's an embarrassment to the name and people of Blaenau Gwent.

Wherever I've worked I've always strived for one thing - that my ability and work ethic would be an ambassador for 'the Taffs' and BG, that this area could have a reputation for allowing people to maximise their potential and for making the most of the sparse  social and economic opportunities that came our way.

A lot of my age group have done that, made their way in the world. Sadly many have never returned.

Who can blame them, their lives governed by a corporate political mentality akin to that of former Workingmens' Club Committees.
Not many of those establishments left now is there, and most of them ended up insolvent.

Mmm, there's a lesson not learned there I think.

Cheers 'Eddie'.   Wink
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

Ian Jones as long as I live I shall never forgive your intimidating outrageous behaviour towards me simply because I so innocently asked if you were the same person on two local Forums it wasn't for wicked purposes or to upset your wife When I asked the same of Kdwent he didn't declare war on a 77 year old pensioner
Mar123

All in this together

We'll said Mr Ian Jones
Ian Jones

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Ian Jones as long as I live I shall forgive your intimidating outrageous behaviour towards me simply because I so innocently asked if you were the same person on two local Forums it wasn't for wicked purposes or to upset your wife When I asked the same of Kdwent he didn't declare war on a 77 year old pensioner


Stop playing the victim Mr Legge you know exactly what you were doing you were the guilty party and i have the proof.

I see you can't counter my argument on Labour's record so off you go Waffling again.
I dare say i will get a detailed reply in your name shortly, once the rest of the team have finished their lunch.

Poor Schools No jobs and no transport system capable of getting people to and from work at the unsociable hours these people start or finish work.
Start talking FACTS not fantasy Mr Legge counter those facts above if you can.
Anyone blatantly and blindly supporting the failings of any Party should hang their head in shame for failing the younger generations.
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

Ian Jones when the buses stopped running between Abertillery and Llanhilleth for the valley line to Cardiff Trish Law was the Independent AM for Blaenau Gwent
What did Dai Davies MP 2006- 10 and Trish Law AM 2006-11 do to bring a Rail Station any the closer to Abertillery  
You cannot deny independents had a golden opportunity to prove their worth to the Blaenau Gwent electorate
Neither can you deny labour had a triple crown of victories over Independents at Westminster Cardiff Bay and Council Chamber Ebbw Vale
The truth being the electorate of Blaenau Gwent now sees labour as the most sensible main stream party to govern Blaenau Gwent
And has for ex Cllr Rocke people shall never forget the hysterical thrashing he gave to his former leader Hillman
Truth being if for any reasons he could not give his trust and confidence to his leader he has no right to humiliate him in local press
If you reply Ian tell me what was I in your opinion guilty of
Ian Jones

You were guilty of persistantly trying to find out if i was the same Ian Jones as the one on Facebook, even after i told you my Wife was concerned about it. You were guilty of poking your nose into my private life trying to find out if i went back to work in the strike.
You are guilty of carrying on the charade of not knowing who i was on both here and Facebook long after you knew that was the case and all that time i told you it was upsetting my wife you ignored my plea's for you to stop.
What else do you want to know Mr Legge?
And as for the bus link for Llanhilleth, Cardiff pulled the plug on that just to make the independent's look bad that is how your party works.
And further more why aren't the feeder busses between Llanhilleth station and Aber back in sevice? afterall your party petitioned for it to be returned while they were in opposition maybe just another dirty trick to make the Independents look bad ehh.
And tell me Mr Legge why hasn't your wonderful party acted on that petition now they are back in power? I will tell you why, because they never had any intention of restoring the sevice it was more smoke and mirrors by them just to get back in power by any means possible.
Well Mr Legge got anything to say?
Rocke

Well, what a surprise !

No response whatsoever.

If only I could persuade Mr Rose to step aside and allow me a direct head-to-a$$hole with Aberystwyth Al.


Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
T Bone

eddie jones wrote:
T Bone wrote:
What an absolute disgrace. Who are these independent people, are they morons


rocke is an independent



Mr Eddie Jones, I would appreciate it, if you stop misquoting me to try to gain one over on another member of this forum. You knew perfectly well what I was referring to and I don’t want to have my words twisted or to be part of your silly and pathetic little game.
I was making what I believe to be a valid point about the injustice of a rise in the allowance for our local Councillors. Judging by their inability to attend public meetings and face questions from the people who they are suppose to be representing, I feel I have proven my point.
stoob

All in this together

Scully's flunkeys.........McCarthy's flunkeys.......same flunkeys.....different label.
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

David Rocke you don’t have a a$$hole  The only person I know who instead  has one between his lips in other words a mouth bum hole
When next you want to be rid of a turd cough it up and keep it to yourself
martyn142

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
David Rocke you don’t have a a$$hole  The only person I know who instead  has one between his lips in other words a mouth bum hole
When next you want to be rid of a turd cough it up and keep it to yourself

You do use some very colourful metaphors Eddie. Your children must be so proud of their dad.
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

My children Martyn were not brought up to insult their elders wouldn't dare to accuse a 78 year old pensioner of being gutless,For an intelligent person Martyn I fail to comprehend why you defend the crap that Rocke keeps spouting You wanted us to believe when he said Absolutely F...ing marvelous that it was not a swear word even with letters missing
Just remember Martyn He who touches pitch must expect to be defiled
martyn142

When you say that I defend Rocke, what do you mean? I'm not aware I had defended him in the recent past. Maybe you could give an example?

I certainly didn't on this occasion, I was remarking on your constant, filthy metaphors, which make me blush to be honest.
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

Martyn just like Ian Jones you are another one of Rockies yes men do you not remember when I accused him of using the F word on this Forum you said I have known Rocke for 20 years and he has never used the F word
martyn142

Yes I do remember, although I have to cast my mind back as it was a while ago now. And yet, in your tiny, filth-filled mind, I spend all my time leaping to Rocke's defence.

I can't even be bothered to point out the irony in your comment.
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Ian Jones as long as I live I shall never forgive your intimidating outrageous behaviour towards me simply because I so innocently asked if you were the same person on two local Forums it wasn't for wicked purposes or to upset your wife When I asked the same of Kdwent he didn't declare war on a 77 year old pensioner


Oh yes you will.

You've been displaying symptoms of dementia* on here for some time.
Or was it simply selective memory?

Oh and you're not all a "77 year old pensioner"  Laughing

* 'Admin what happened to my post' - oh yes, there it is.
You've forgotten the basics of Internet security and given your password to others.
And there's many more which I won't trouble our readers with.
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
David Rocke you don’t have a a$$hole  The only person I know who instead  has one between his lips in other words a mouth bum hole
When next you want to be rid of a turd cough it up and keep it to yourself


Evolution spoilt yours when teeth were put into your mouth old boy.

Now stop trying to be a super-troll and get back to what you lot do best ie. talk bolitics.

 Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
My children Martyn were not brought up to insult their elders wouldn't dare to accuse a 78* year old pensioner of being gutless,For an intelligent person Martyn I fail to comprehend why you defend the crap that Rocke keeps spouting You wanted us to believe when he said Absolutely F...ing marvelous that it was not a swear word even with letters missing
Just remember Martyn He who touches pitch must expect to be defiled


It was a 77-yr-old when I last read (moments ago).
More support for the dementia theory ?

Then you're clearly not that intelligent

I hope that your children weren't brainwashed either.

Anyway, these days respect is earned, not demanded as a right because of age and the sacrifice and hardships of days gone by.  
And children don't expect their parents to be an embarrassment to them, which you would be to me.

Oh - and you've been told on a number of occasions that you run  the risk of being f***ing well f***ed if you keep speaking with a f**ked tongue.

Perhaps Valentine's Day pulled a trick on you?    Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Oh - and when the shi* hits the rockes there's only ever one outcome, old boy.

Now go away, think about it and if you so wish come back for another useless (and quite frankly intelligence-insulting) attempt.
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn just like Ian Jones you are another one of Rockies yes men do you not remember when I accused him of using the F word on this Forum you said I have known Rocke for 20 years and he has never used the F word


Er... no he didn't.

Martyn said that HE had known me for 20 years, not you.
Where were you during English lessons - behind the bike shed?

Stop misquoting people (that's at least 2 people tonight that have taken up issue with you).
Or is it simply down to a progressive and debilitating condition?

(THIS is how to troll. Let it be a lesson to you, learn from it, and don't do it again you naughty people).
martyn142

I'm fairly sure I didn't say I have known Rockey for 20 years, not least because I've known him for over 40 years. And, to repeat, in that time I have never heard him use the word you, Eddie,  accuse him of using.
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

Martyn you once called me gutless,Let me ask before I accuse, You said you have never known Rocke to use the F word what about his posting today even with letters missing
martyn142

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn you once called me gutless,Let me ask before I accuse, You said you have never known Rocke to use the F word what about his posting today even with letters missing

I think Rockey is teasing you Eddie. If you look, the last word could only be "forked" so I assume the others are as well.

I think the subtlety is wasted on someone who uses the sort of language you use though.
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

Martyn if the last F word Rocke used was Forked, what about the words before the ones with missing letters  Martyn you know that Rocke has written even with missing letters the most disgusting swear words ever to be  used in a public Forum conversation with another
And you don't have the guts to admit to it
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

Martyn if the last F word Rocke used was Forked, what about the words words before the ones with missing letters  Martyn you know that Rocke has written even with missing letters the most disgusting swear words ever to be  used in a public Forum conversation with another
And you don't have the guts to admit to it
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

martyn142 wrote:
Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn you once called me gutless,Let me ask before I accuse, You said you have never known Rocke to use the F word what about his posting today even with letters missing

I think Rockey is teasing you Eddie. If you look, the last word could only be "forked" so I assume the others are as well.

I think the subtlety is wasted on someone who uses the sort of language you use though.


Exactly Martyn ! Wink

PS the Valentine's trick went right over the top of his/their heads as well.
A right bunch of p***ks in my view.
martyn142

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn if the last F word Rocke used was Forked, what about the words before the ones with missing letters  Martyn you know that Rocke has written even with missing letters the most disgusting swear words ever to be  used in a public Forum conversation with another
And you don't have the guts to admit to it

Nope. That will be when you called me a c***.

I look forwad to seeing you and the other eddies at the meeting tomorrow. Try and curb your language a bit though - some people are more easily offended than i am.
Rocke

I can imagine it:

"Your name please" - "Eddie Legge"

"No, I'm Eddie Legge"....."no, I'm Eddie Legge".... "I'm Eddie Legge".

To be honest, if someone stands up there tomorrow and says those fateful words I'll roll about laughing, and I suspect a few more of us will as well.
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn if the last F word Rocke used was Forked, what about the words words before the ones with missing letters  Martyn you know that Rocke has written even with missing letters the most disgusting swear words ever to be  used in a public Forum conversation with another
And you don't have the guts to admit to it


He clearly has the stomach for a fight with an invertebrate such as you though.

Btw - are you 77, 78 or some other age today?
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

Martyn I did not call you a C..t What I said for an intelligent person you are a real pain all that is missing if you were to stop shaving and have a growth of hair on the upper lip You could then make a real woman private part or in others words a big C out of your mouth
Have you stopped shaving Martyn
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn I did not call you a C..t What I said for an intelligent person you are a real pain all that is missing if you were to stop shaving and have a growth of hair on the upper lip You could then make a real woman private part or in others words a big C out of your mouth
Have you stopped shaving Martyn


Well even I'm having trouble working this one out.

All I know is that you're making a right p***k of yourself.

Or should that be that others are making a right p***k of you?

I presume that Martyn's lunchtime is over.
My playtime isn't though.

  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
martyn142

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn I did not call you a C..t What I said for an intelligent person you are a real pain all that is missing if you were to stop shaving and have a growth of hair on the upper lip You could then make a real woman private part or in others words a big C out of your mouth
Have you stopped shaving Martyn

Well done for missing the salient point yet again. I can't be bothered to restate it.

It's like trying to reason with a toddler.
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn if the last F word Rocke used was Forked, what about the words before the ones with missing letters  Martyn you know that Rocke has written even with missing letters the most disgusting swear words ever to be  used in a public Forum conversation with another
And you don't have the guts to admit to it


What's the old saying ?
Oh yes - "It's not the mouth it comes out of but the mind it goes into".

So, crawl back into the cesspit you stupid c*** (and make out of that what you will, just to prove me right).   Wink
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

Rocke if we were to meet face to face you wouldn't have the guts to call me a stupid c..t I still owe you for calling me a stupid valley prat Martyn what do think of Rocke now do you agree with what he has  just said even with letters missing
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Rocke wrote:
Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn if the last F word Rocke used was Forked, what about the words before the ones with missing letters  Martyn you know that Rocke has written even with missing letters the most disgusting swear words ever to be  used in a public Forum conversation with another
And you don't have the guts to admit to it


What's the old saying ?
Oh yes - "It's not the mouth it comes out of but the mind it goes into".

So, crawl back into the cesspit you stupid c*** (and make out of that what you will, just to prove me right).   Wink


Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke if we were to meet face to face you wouldn't have the guts to call me a stupid c..t I still owe you for calling me a stupid valley prat Martyn what do think of Rocke now do you agree with what he has  just said even with letters missing


And you have  Wink

Now, note that the word 'stupid' was carefully chosen, in the sure and certain knowledge that your cesspit of a mind could only think of one word that would fit.

I however have the benefit of having listened attentively during my English lessons.

So, here's one for free:
Another word for 'fellow' is 'chaP', not 'chaT'.

Probably wouldn't make sense to anyone other than you.

Now go and have a Downfall Moment.
I can almost here the thumping of the PC desk from here.

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Rocke

PS

Admin (sorry to 'go public' but I think we (all) need reminding of forum rules here),

If 'Eddie Legge' deliberately misquotes me again - especially in the context that he/she/they have today I'd like to think that some form of action would be taken.

This is going beyond trolling and bordering upon libel.

Today it's been alleged that I hired a room, and no evidence was given and this evening I have been deliberately (in my view) misquoted. I've no real objection to someone jumping to the wrong conclusion (especially since it shows them up) but to actually change what was written to the extent that it could tarnish someone's reputation unfairly is getting near the mark.

My concern - and I think that of most forum members perhaps - is that this/these amateur keyboard warriors are not astute enough to stay on the right side and also are now so irritated that they will overstep it, to the detriment of Abertillery Online.

Rest assured that if an outlandish statement is made which I consider to be libellous you will be asked for the registered email address of 'Eddie Legge' because it will become a legal matter.

Cheers.
admin

I again would remind forum users of the forum rules.  

Please try to refrain from personal abuse.   Bad language will not be tolerated and apart from one instance, which I have chosen to ignore, has not been used yet.  Should any member feel the need to make personal accusations against another member then please ensure your remarks are at least truthful and can be proven.  

Come on chaps play nicely eh?

Thanks admin
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

Rocke I have not misquoted you even with letters missing it is obvious what you said and meant in disguise   I have printed off all that has been said F and C words I am not without fault but I would not have said same to you or any other member
With the printed postings and if you continue to threaten I shall seek an independent opinion and advice
Martyn said that words I use make him blush yet he accepts whatever Rocke says  as teasing
Rocke your foul tongue would have made Caligula blush
And to Ian Jones who did wrongly accuse me of having an unhealthy interest in his private life
It was you Ian who reported the matter to Admin Have you asked why Eddie Legge was persistently allowed to continue annoying you and your wife,
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke I have not misquoted you even with letters missing it is obvious what you said and meant in disguise   I have printed off all that has been said F and C words I am not without fault but I would not have said same to you or any other member
With the printed postings and if you continue to threaten I shall seek an independent opinion and advice
Martyn said that words I use make him blush yet he accepts whatever Rocke says  as teasing
Rocke your foul tongue would have made Caligula blush
And to Ian Jones who did wrongly accuse me of having an unhealthy interest in his private life
It was you Ian who reported the matter to Admin Have you asked why Eddie Legge was persistently allowed to continue annoying you and your wife,


Well readers, what more can anyone say?

I say 'c***', he/she/they say 'c..t' - and that's not a misquote?

How do you lot say 'potato' .... or 'tomato'.
Tell you what, call the whole thing off, before you get in very deep.

Infamy, infamy - they've all go it in fa' me.

So, besides dementia (how old are you today?) and schizophrenia we can add paranoia.

Social Care just isn't the same under Labour...................
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
Rocke if we were to meet face to face you wouldn't have the guts to call me a stupid c..t I still owe you for calling me a stupid valley prat Martyn what do think of Rocke now do you agree with what he has  just said even with letters missing


Left this one until now, so that there can be no cynical insinuation that I'd been down the pub, under the influence or whatever when I replied.

Firstly, you're wrong - I wouldn't have the gutteral manners of a sewer rat to call you what you appear to be saying is an extremely uinpleasant word.

Secondly, you're wrong - I'm aware that the only word I can think of that could cause the amount of angst that your mind has cooked up relates to the female gender, so it wouldn't be apt for someone called 'Eddie' (unless you were a lesbian I suppose). It would however perhaps apply gender-wise to one or more of your gang.
(Btw the word 'p***k' is not gender-specific, hence it's one of my favourites)

Thirdly, you're wrong - I'd look you straight in the eyes and reiterate everything I've said to you via cyberspace.
I'd look into your face and watch it start to screw up into a potential snarl as my words hit home and finally I'd watch those same muscles relax, your brain being aware that having no spine means that you cannot initiate any form of head-to-head confrontation, whether verbal or physical.

Oh, and that last point applies to all your gang.
Individual or severally.

Now run along and exercise your fist on the desk or table again.

Oh - and tell Aberystwyth Al that he'll need to do far more than this to discredit me.
Eddie legge

Nil Sine Labore

I have often wondered why David or ex Councillor Rocke has to brag and shout his mouth off so often most especially on Abertillery Forum,
He reminds me of school days when children would  be very cruel to one and other, A child with glasses would be called four eyes short children would have been called Titch Shorty or the little dwarf and it is true the smaller the child the louder the bragging voice
Ian Jones

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
I have often wondered why David or ex Councillor Rocke has to brag and shout his mouth off so often most especially on Abertillery Forum,
He reminds me of school days when children would  be very cruel to one and other, A child with glasses would be called four eyes short children would have been called Titch Shorty or the little dwarf and it is true the smaller the child the louder the bragging voice


You are quite short though aren't you Eddie, so going by your reasoning have you not described yourself as the child with the bragging voice?
Rocke

Re: Nil Sine Labore

Eddie legge wrote:
I have often wondered why David or ex Councillor Rocke has to brag and shout his mouth off so often most especially on Abertillery Forum,
He reminds me of school days when children would  be very cruel to one and other, A child with glasses would be called four eyes short children would have been called Titch Shorty or the little dwarf and it is true the smaller the child the louder the bragging voice


No-one picked on me a second time.

Anyway, I've been waiting around for a visit off you, so we can relay to our readers what you actually did when you met me face to face.

I'm off to Brynmawr in a while.
Would you like to arrange a rendezvous so you can have your 15 seconds of fame?

Let's see who is really the gutless and spineless one shooting their mouth off.
Remember, you made the statement about meeting me.

Bring the rest of your gang as well (if you can remember their names).

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Rocke

And there we go.

The noisy neighbours have shut up.

A467 in about 20 mins if anyone does want to have a discussion.
They say you are what you drive (which aptly sums up Cllr McCarthy).

You'll know mine when you see and hear it.

Wink
eddie smith

Rocke wrote:
And there we go.

The noisy neighbours have shut up.

A467 in about 20 mins if anyone does want to have a discussion.
They say you are what you drive (which aptly sums up Cllr McCarthy).

You'll know mine when you see and hear it.

Wink


Trabant no doubt. For God sake grow up children
Rocke

eddie smith wrote:
Rocke wrote:
And there we go.

The noisy neighbours have shut up.

A467 in about 20 mins if anyone does want to have a discussion.
They say you are what you drive (which aptly sums up Cllr McCarthy).

You'll know mine when you see and hear it.

Wink


Trabant no doubt. For God sake grow up children


Subaru Type 20 Hawk Spec C.
1 of approx 16 ever created.

Sums you up.

Never underestimate your enemy.  Wink

Oh - and we aren't children.
We're all adult enough to regard your comical attempts at tarnishing reputations as the silly little rantings of kiddies who are name calling.

Na-na-na-naaaa-na (might as well treat you like one).

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Btw - who came up with the idea of many 'Eddies' ?
The only one with the sort of record to think themselves to be clever enough is our Barrie.

Thomas Edward Legge certainly isn't.
Lisa Catherine Winnett does not seem to me to be that politically ambitious, nor inventive.
Bob Pagett is er.... who exactly? I take the view that he's simply a droid, as are a few in the Aber area as well, so we'll discount him for the time being.

That means they've had to draft someone in.

So Barrie the Boss decided to show he's in charge.

Target acquired.  Wink
eddie smith

Rocke wrote:
eddie smith wrote:
Rocke wrote:
And there we go.

The noisy neighbours have shut up.

A467 in about 20 mins if anyone does want to have a discussion.
They say you are what you drive (which aptly sums up Cllr McCarthy).

You'll know mine when you see and hear it.

Wink


Trabant no doubt. For God sake grow up children


Subaru Type 20 Hawk Spec C.
1 of approx 16 ever created.

Sums you up.

Never underestimate your enemy.  Wink

Oh - and we aren't children.
We're all adult enough to regard your comical attempts at tarnishing reputations as the silly little rantings of kiddies who are name calling.

Na-na-na-naaaa-na (might as well treat you like one).

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Btw - who came up with the idea of many 'Eddies' ?
The only one with the sort of record to think themselves to be clever enough is our Barrie.

Thomas Edward Legge certainly isn't.
Lisa Catherine Winnett does not seem to me to be that politically ambitious, nor inventive.
Bob Pagett is er.... who exactly? I take the view that he's simply a droid, as are a few in the Aber area as well, so we'll discount him for the time being.

That means they've had to draft someone in.

So Barrie the Boss decided to show he's in charge.

Target acquired.  Wink


Cheap car like the owner 20 grand tops. Dont try and impress boyo you havent got it.
Word of advice you dont know who i am havent even got close to the mark yet. So if i were you i would refrain from casting names about and insults like confetti it might come back and bite your a..e
stoob

All in this together

Ebbw Vale labour group, aka, amalgamated con men, wondering wether they had an email off of Tony to "tough up"?
martyn142

eddie smith wrote:
Cheap car like the owner 20 grand tops. Dont try and impress boyo you havent got it.
Word of advice you dont know who i am havent even got close to the mark yet. So if i were you i would refrain from casting names about and insults like confetti it might come back and bite your a..e

Oh I think we do. Eddie Smith/Jones, keyboard warrior.  Embarassed
stoob

All in this together

It will pass, "Tough Up".
Rocke

eddie smith wrote:
Rocke wrote:
eddie smith wrote:
Rocke wrote:
And there we go.

The noisy neighbours have shut up.

A467 in about 20 mins if anyone does want to have a discussion.
They say you are what you drive (which aptly sums up Cllr McCarthy).

You'll know mine when you see and hear it.

Wink


Trabant no doubt. For God sake grow up children


Subaru Type 20 Hawk Spec C.
1 of approx 16 ever created.

Sums you up.

Never underestimate your enemy.  Wink

Oh - and we aren't children.
We're all adult enough to regard your comical attempts at tarnishing reputations as the silly little rantings of kiddies who are name calling.

Na-na-na-naaaa-na (might as well treat you like one).

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Btw - who came up with the idea of many 'Eddies' ?
The only one with the sort of record to think themselves to be clever enough is our Barrie.

Thomas Edward Legge certainly isn't.
Lisa Catherine Winnett does not seem to me to be that politically ambitious, nor inventive.
Bob Pagett is er.... who exactly? I take the view that he's simply a droid, as are a few in the Aber area as well, so we'll discount him for the time being.

That means they've had to draft someone in.

So Barrie the Boss decided to show he's in charge.

Target acquired.  Wink


Cheap car like the owner 20 grand tops. Dont try and impress boyo you havent got it.
Word of advice you dont know who i am havent even got close to the mark yet. So if i were you i would refrain from casting names about and insults like confetti it might come back and bite your a..e


Wasn't a Trabbie though.
Never underestimate your enemy.

Raw, loud but is faster than most and sticks better than any.
Ultra-high performance.

Just what's needed now that the local Reliant Robins look like they're being replaced by a Party GTi.

Let's see how good your performance is then.

Oh - and I'll name who I want - they (if they can prove they are who they write under) can come on here and refute my remarks.
But at least two of them are personally known to Thomas Edward Legge and one has in the past had access to his PC.

She told me - or was she lying ?   Wink
eddie smith

You should get a little red sports car like martyn used to have rocke. You gotta laff he used to look like Ruppert the bear driving around lol.[/img]
eddie jones

eddie smith wrote:
You should get a little red sports car like martyn used to have rocke. You gotta laff he used to look like Ruppert the bear driving around lol.[/img]


Noddy I thought
martyn142

Can I just say I thought you spoke very well last night  Laughing

Keyboard warriors of the world unite!
stoob

All in this together

Flunkey's continue to pay dutiful reverence to their parasitic masters.
martyn142

Yes stoob, so long as it doesn't involve them putting their heads above the parapet  Laughing  Laughing
Rocke

eddie smith wrote:


Cheap car like the owner 20 grand tops. Dont try and impress boyo you havent got it.
Word of advice you dont know who i am havent even got close to the mark yet. So if i were you i would refrain from casting names about and insults like confetti it might come back and bite your a..e


Interesting comment, that "20 grand" is "cheap".
I think the only people who consider £20,000 as a minor amount would either vote Conservative or be a champagne socialist.

Let me guess which one you are.

And you STILL underestimate your enemy.
You're right about the value - around £20K tops (depends if I put a specific Number Plate on it).

But that's not bad - for an 8-yr-old car   Laughing

Typical blundering in again.

You've just waded in to an area/subject you know nothing about and think that you can immediately make pronouncements on it, ones that people will listen to and admire. It's the same sort of arrogance that the local Labour Party has, certainly in governance of the people in my experience.

This is what has happened to 'Eddie Legge'.
It's all very well the old boy signing letters written by relatively well educated flunkeys of the Labour Party and sending them off to the press. HQ have the Communications boys and girls who are at least prepped in using the media.

However, you lot decided to send our Eddie into cyberspace. Again, he isn't best able to use that media but unlike the local press in this scenario the local wannabees also aren't adept at, nor capable of, battling on The Net.

It is exactly like the car analogy.
Someone puts a few nice stickers and go faster stripes on a Reliant Robin, promotes it as the latest design from the Redbull(s**t) Labour team - and then enters it into the Monte Carlo Rally.

And it is exactly like that, because as sure as the Robin would be an embarrassment to RBS Labour it would also publicise the fact that RBS Labour doesn't know what it's talking about, and any PR management thereafter would simply be looked upon as excuses.

Until of course it started saying things like "Well, one of the Subarus had to retire as well.  They aren't the best of cars of course, cheap and nasty. No aircon, heated seats or any of the home comforts of my two Jags".  

Then people know that they have been let down. They were fooled into having faith in a team that was quite simply all talk and gloss.

Like I said, as the saying goes, "you are what you drive".
You can get your metaphorical Reliant Robin out of the garage any time you want to show off.

Rest assured, this T20 Hawk will be waiting.  Wink

Now, let your Downfall Moment subside before you decide to attack the keyboard. And this time try to make it look like an attack by an intellectual, not one of those thuggish (though funny) 'I'll get you one day Rocke' rants.
Rocke

Mmm....... must be a really good Downfall Moment this one.
eddie smith

Lol I said Ruppert. Bear not Roland rat
stoob

All in this together

Spelling suggests Fenella Fellorick has been on the Bombay Sapphire again.
martyn142

Re: All in this together

stoob wrote:
Spelling suggests Fenella Fellorick has been on the Bombay Sapphire again.

Laughing

A bit of Dutch courage I expect stoob. The eddies are unfortunately lacking in the real stuff  Embarassed
Ian Jones

Re: All in this together

Quote Martyn 142:
A bit of Dutch courage I expect stoob. The eddies are unfortunately lacking in the real stuff  Embarassed




And it seems they were lacking for spokespersons at the Llan meeting Martyn.
Funny that when "they" called the meeting you would have expected a room full of them.

All talk no action just as Rocke has them pegged. B/T/W, Rocke sat by me at the meeting and told me some very interesting stuff Wink to hot to post on here you will have to wait for our next speakeasy meeting all will be revealed then.
Rocke

eddie smith wrote:
Lol I said Ruppert. Bear not Roland rat


Whatever that means.

But you - and most importantly the people - know when you've been Rocked.

Bye bye baby   Wink

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
eddie smith

The meeting as such was called to inform you what the council has decided what will happen for the benefit of the whole of the constituents. Not a select number.It wasn't intended to be a discussion just an informative situation. Therefore no need for me to be there as I already knew what had been decided.
stoob

All in this together

Ceausescu thought he'd decided everything.
kdwent

eddie smith wrote:
The meeting as such was called to inform you what the council has decided what will happen for the benefit of the whole of the constituents. Not a select number.It wasn't intended to be a discussion just an informative situation. Therefore no need for me to be there as I already knew what had been decided.


He knows you know Smile.    

I also thought dictatorship too Stoob.

 To be honest I have been very disappointed by the Eddie's response on this topic. Could it be the rats are deserting the ship.
Rocke

eddie smith wrote:
The meeting as such was called to inform you what the council has decided what will happen for the benefit of the whole of the constituents. Not a select number.It wasn't intended to be a discussion just an informative situation. Therefore no need for me to be there as I already knew what had been decided.


Interesting, because from the horsehead's mouth we were told that the Council Tax rise hadn't been decided yet.

Anywat, it didn't stop at least a dozen councillors turning up (and hiding as part of the audience).

Most were Labour as well* - Executive Members among them. Those who take the advice of officers and make the decisions that the council ratifies.

And of course the meeting was about engaging with the people ie. not only to disseminate information but to hear their views.
How did 'you' manage to do that?
As I said, arrogance. It clearly doesn't matter what the public say, it will be done/not done anyway.

And we have councillors not just hiding among the crowd, not just having their letters published under someone else's name but also hiding behind pseudonyms on Internet Forums.

I'm sure the Ombudsman would frown on that.

Btw I note as well that there's been no mention of cars lately.  

* Oh - and not all from this Valley either.
Ian

The meeting as such was called to inform you what the council has decided what will happen for the benefit of the whole of the constituents. Not a select number.[quote]

Presumably the so called select number are part of the whole of the constituents so therefore the alleged benefits are supposed to be for them as well.Unless of course there's a Labour voter closed shop in place....mind you under this council there seems to be an Ebbw Fawr closed shop    Rolling Eyes
martyn142

eddie smith wrote:
The meeting as such was called to inform you what the council has decided what will happen for the benefit of the whole of the constituents. Not a select number.It wasn't intended to be a discussion just an informative situation. Therefore no need for me to be there as I already knew what had been decided.

We all knew what had been decided. In case you've missed it, that was why we forced them to have the meeting in the first place. And it was why the audience were better informed and more eloquent than the panel.

It's ok though, you can come out from behind the sofa now
martyn142

For those who were there (the Three Eddies may want to find something else to do for a few minutes) how long do you think the Labour group will keep Hedley as leader? He looked like Dead Man Walking to me. Totally out of his depth. I'd be surprised if some of the more senior heads aren't plotting his removal at the moment in the hope of rescuing something from the mess he's created.

Interesting times. I'm looking forward to the next offensive. Great fun watching them squirm.  Very Happy
Ian Jones

eddie smith wrote:
The meeting as such was called to inform you what the council has decided what will happen for the benefit of the whole of the constituents. Not a select number.It wasn't intended to be a discussion just an informative situation. Therefore no need for me to be there as I already knew what had been decided.



It's a strange state of affairs when the public called a meeting on the 12th of Feb at the Doll's House where no one other than the one Labour councillor who turned up ( defying the party line) spoke in support of the council's handling of these cuts.
And cuts is not a term that by any means covers the fact that ordinary workers have been tossed on the scrapheap while senior management are restructured to give the few a higher pay grade for doing the job they should have been doing in the first place and no doubt securing a better Golden handshake for themselves when their time comes for the chop.

The Llanhilleth meeting was called only after pressure by the public and many sporting groups it was done on the Council's terms and still no supporter's turned out for them.
Such apathetic support and complacency by the handful of Labour supporters that remain in this valley was very noticable.
They had their chance to rally the troups but that meeting could be Hedley Custers last stand.
All the Eddie's have no ammunition left other than to make childish jibes at people on this forum.
Time for you all to retire now, you can consider yourselves redundant.
Rocke

Interesting that there's no response from Sue...or Lisa...or Barrie..or Irish Jim...or the real Eddie.

And VERY interesting that the politicians I've seen tonight have smiled at me.

Let's see how Aberystwyth Al seeks to get this lot out of a mess.

And a word of acknowlegement.
Thanks "Eddie Legge" for giving me something to do in my well-orchestrated semi-retirement.

I am a nightmare reborn.  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Rocke

Well clearly something's happened.

I've noticed a trend over the years. There seems to be a cycle of 'Eddie Legge' starting off some semi-intelligible rant about something, and as the ripostes keep coming 'he' makes progressively more intelligible replies and somewhere along the line there is a personalised rant (often against me).

Eventually a hint is given about a potentially damaging revelation and all goes quiet. (And of course so do I, so to a certain extent I spike my own gun).

The most recent examples of this are:

* The questionable intrusion into my private life re. my leaving my previous employment. I cautioned that Labour HQ (and others) would not be too happy for that to continue.
Result? - no more said.

* The stirring up of supposed issues between Des Hillman and me.
I asked a question regarding Estate Agents and Valuers used by the Council during Cllr McCarthy's tenure as Leader.
Result? - Yes, no more said.

* Now we have this latest nonsense, including Eddie 'I'm 'ard, I am' Smith.
There's a number of FOI requests gone into the council (which has to respond by close of play on 7th March) and the information that will be provided will not go down well with the public I can assure you, especially with one of the largest increases in Council Tax about to be voted on.
Result? - Yes, we've all guessed - it's gone very quiet again.

The agitators have clearly been brought into line.

No matter.
A (dare I say well-earned) retirement from work and bolitics has been interfered with.
This time I'm not just going to show weapons of working class hero destruction, I'm going to use them.

Let's see Aberystwyth Al's PR machine defend against this onslaught.
In fact, he'd possibly compromise his own chances of re-election in 2016 if he continues to be an apologist for this lot.

Oh what a tangled web you have weaved 'Neddy Eddies'.
Problem is, it's around yourselves and your bolitical and political masters.

 Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
eddie smith

Yawnnnnn so damn boring rocke you can not or are unable to do anything to hurt us.....ppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Rocke

eddie smith wrote:
Yawnnnnn so damn boring rocke you can not or are unable to do anything to hurt us.....ppppppppppppppppppppppppp


Steady Neddy Eddie, arrogance and complacency brought down the Roman Empire.
eddie jones

Another success story for Blaenau Gwent  http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/11031283.Talks_on_going_to_re_open_Nantyglo_leisure_centre/
Ian Jones

eddie jones wrote:
Another success story for Blaenau Gwent  http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/11031283.Talks_on_going_to_re_open_Nantyglo_leisure_centre/


The link doesn't work and i heard all those interested have dropped out.
Maybe you're not up to speed on things.
Saeson

eddie jones wrote:
Another success story for Blaenau Gwent  http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/11031283.Talks_on_going_to_re_open_Nantyglo_leisure_centre/


Well, it`s a potential success for those council tax payers who have been stuffed once again by BGCBC -  the only way they`ll get their much missed public sports centre back is to staff it with unpaid volunteers. Hope that doesn`t give Hedley any ideas (although he wouldn`t recognise one of them if it bit him on the a*** - sorry Eddies for the foul language; had to be done  Rolling Eyes )

       - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum