Archive for - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Croeso i fforwm Abertyleri ar y we

For the old board click here
 


       - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box
Eddie legge

Oh no not another

South Wales Argus Friday April 26
I’m standing to be an MP having thought long and hard about it
I have decided to stand as an Independent candidate at next General
Election 2015
Michael Rose of Nantyglo says he has noticed that there has been very little
Change in the area since when he first moved here 10 years ago He says when you travel through Blaina, nine out of ten shops are boarded up and Abertillery dose not fare much better
Has he forgotten that during 4 of those10 years Blaenau Gwent was governed by an Independent? Local council 5 years with an Independent MP and an Independent AM
And when travelling through Blaina did he not notice Closing down sale in shop owned by Carol Hillman wife of Des Hillman ex  Independant  council leader and for many years an Independant  Blaina ward councillor
kdwent

Re: Oh no not another

[quote="Eddie legge:19821"]South Wales Argus Friday April 26
I’m standing to be an MP having thought long and hard about it
I have decided to stand as an Independent candidate at next General
Election 2015
Michael Rose of Nantyglo says he has noticed that there has been very little
Change in the area since when he first moved here 10 years ago He says when you travel through Blaina, nine out of ten shops are boarded up and Abertillery dose not fare much better
Has he forgotten that during 4 of those10 years Blaenau Gwent was governed by an Independent? Local council 5 years with an Independent MP and an Independent AM
And when travelling through Blaina did he not notice Closing down sale in shop owned by Carol Hillman wife of Des Hillman ex  Independant  council leader and for many years an Independant  Blaina ward councillor



So who were they governed by for the remaining 6 (that's SIX) years?

By the way still awaiting a reply from the MP to my e mail     Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
martyn142

Re: Oh no not another

Eddie legge wrote:
And when travelling through Blaina did he not notice Closing down sale in shop owned by Carol Hillman wife of Des Hillman ex  Independant  council leader and for many years an Independant  Blaina ward councillor

This is the most inane, spiteful comment you have ever posted on here.

You think Des Hillman is to blame for the closure of his wife's shop?

Unbelievable. You really are a nasty little man aren't you?
Eddie legge

Martyn 142 Eddie Legge has   not blamed Des Hillman for the closure of his wife’s shop in Blaina your insulting reply was not called for
As a future Independent candidate Michael Rose wanted every one to know that 9 out of 10 shops in Blaina are closed and boarded up who may I ask was Mr Rose blaming
Was it wrong of me to point out that the latest shop to close was owned by Carol and Des Hillman and it is only Carol and Des who knows why?
martyn142

The inference was very clear to all who read your message. No good trying to squirm out of it.

Shameful.
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn 142 Eddie Legge has   not blamed Des Hillman for the closure of his wife’s shop in Blaina your insulting reply was not called for
As a future Independent candidate Michael Rose wanted every one to know that 9 out of 10 shops in Blaina are closed and boarded up who may I ask was Mr Rose blaming
Was it wrong of me to point out that the latest shop to close was owned by Carol and Des Hillman and it is only Carol and Des who knows why?


Couple of questions for team Legge

1  Why did you even need to specifically mention that Des and Carols shop had closed?

2   Why mention the fact that Des was an Independent councillor?

3  Why do you keep referring to your self in the third person, are you a member of the royal family Very Happy  ? Or is someone else posting under your name?

4  Why do you think Martyns response is insulting?

5  Are the Labour party (quasi Tories) already so scared of the competition that they have to start the smears before Michael Rose has even started his campaign?

And your mp still has not answered my e mail.

By the way here is the link for those who wish to read the full story and not the edited version given by team Legge
http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/...83540.I___m_standing_to_be_an_MP/
Eddie legge

Martyn 142 and Kdwent I should wish to ask why you both accept whatever ex councillor Rocke says on Forum but not a posting from Eddie Legge
When Rocke was sulking over not being elected he said, The Boroughs No, 1 citizen someone who 8 or so years ago was convicted of err—in effect defrauding the Borough
Voted in by a labour –controlled council and someone who, following that conviction, was deemed still to be fit to be the labours controlled Community Council Clerk
Please compare what Eddie said about Hillmans shop closing down in Blaina and what ex councillor said about the Boroughs No 1 citizen
Rocke

My first comment is that (I hope I'm correct here !!) Michael Rose stood in the last council elections and didn't get in. He must have a huge faith in the fact that this lot in power will self-destruct or people will see through them.

Perhaps he's getting his name in the frame ready for AM elections the following year.
He'd have a chance there. At least he does live in the constituency (or has Aberystwyth Al actually moved ?).

Next, I thought that there were more than 10 shops in Blaina?
And a cafe isn't a shop - ask the Planning Dept.

Mr Rose - and anyone else who wants to wade into a political war - needs to be far slicker.
Aberystwyth Al did for the last Independent candidate simply by pointing out that a) she didn't live in the constituency; and b) she was a Tory by some sort of warped and contorted association.

Take a look at how The Party did for Dai Davies and Trish Law.
He can't do that with these pair, because they look and behave like politicians. Everyone expects them to have their snouts in the trough and to talk borax, often via minions.

Get them by association.
Are they happy with their constituency being the economically worst looked upon in the UK?
Are they happy with the state of the towns around here?
Are they happy that their comrades over in Ebbw Vale have failed to get the education commisioners out, after a year in power (that's longer than the previous administration had them in for) ?

How do they feel that the Misleader of the Council warned about safety issues, not least difficulties for the Emergency Services, when opposing street lighting savings and switch-offs, yet after less than a year in power increased the blackout time by over an hour?

Or that the Misleader was vehemently against wheelie bins and fortnightly non-recyclable waste collection, yet a year into his misleadership they are still in operation?

Or that he leads an administration that is responsible for the largest Council Tax increase that BG citizens had imposed on them in over 6 years (probably longer than that)?

Mr Rose's timing is right - it takes a couple of years to get something into the masses' heads. They have to believe that a candidate is a) capable; and b) in tune with their views and ideas.
He has to give the electorate the confidence that he can do the job for them.

I think he's made a good start (as long as he intended this....). He's in effect prevented any other independent candidate from standing, thereby splitting the vote.

Now he needs to make every opportunity to get pictures and articles on MP and AM with and backing the Misleader of the Council.
Oh - and in their nice cosy second homes (which I assume that Aberystwyth is for Al).
Nick Smith MP in a swish bar in the West End would be a good one.

Finally Mr Rose, if you're reading this you have one huge advantage at the moment.
You are not bound by any code of conduct. You can basically say anything you want, in whatever manner (subject to libel laws etc. ). Use it to maximum effect.

After all 'Eddie Legge' tries to.
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn 142 and Kdwent I should wish to ask why you both accept whatever ex councillor Rocke says on Forum but not a posting from Eddie Legge
When Rocke was sulking over not being elected he said, The Boroughs No, 1 citizen someone who 8 or so years ago was convicted of err—in effect defrauding the Borough
Voted in by a labour –controlled council and someone who, following that conviction, was deemed still to be fit to be the labours controlled Community Council Clerk
Please compare what Eddie said about Hillmans shop closing down in Blaina and what ex councillor said about the Boroughs No 1 citizen


TYPICAL TEAM lEGGE RESPONSE.   Change the subject or ignore the question.  You seem to have foregone your third option this time and have missed out on personal insults.

Go on just once try to answer the questions which I took the trouble to write out for you.

Oh and by the way your mp still has not answered my e mail Very Happy
Eddie legge

Martyn 142 I have had a private email saying Eddie be careful Martyn is now an Admin on Abertillery on line discussion Forum, true or false Martyn please let me know
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn 142 I have had a private email saying Eddie be careful Martyn is now an Admin on Abertillery on line discussion Forum, true or false Martyn please let me know



stick to the subject and answer the questions you have already been asked
martyn142

Why on earth do you of all people, who will never answer any question put to you straight, expect anyone else to answer your questions?

Double standards Team Legge.  Embarassed
Eddie legge

Kdwent why did Eddie mention that Des and Carol Hillmans shop was closing down
Because it is
Why mention that Des was an independent councillor, because he was any harm in that
Why do I keep referring to my self in the third person don’t even know what it means
Why did I think Martins response was insulting, because it was?
I did not in any way smear Michael Rose
Why no reply to your email, send another and ask why    
Now tell me why you and Martyn will accept without complaint whatever Dave Rocke has to say , Double standards for you both
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn 142 and Kdwent I should wish to ask why you both accept whatever ex councillor Rocke says on Forum but not a posting from Eddie Legge
When Rocke was sulking over not being elected he said, The Boroughs No, 1 citizen someone who 8 or so years ago was convicted of err—in effect defrauding the Borough
Voted in by a labour –controlled council and someone who, following that conviction, was deemed still to be fit to be the labours controlled Community Council Clerk
Please compare what Eddie said about Hillmans shop closing down in Blaina and what ex councillor said about the Boroughs No 1 citizen


Mmm...
We must have crossed because had I seen this tripe from you earlier you can be assured that this response would have been made before now.

What gives you the right to say I was sulking ?
You can believe what you like but don't put words into my mouth or emotions into my mind.
For the benefit of all our readers I was embroiled in what was nothing short of a war until I retired at the end of February from my last employment. I most certainly didn't have time to contribute as much as I did, and absolutely no inclination after the claptrap posted by mrh35 (if I remember correctly).
There was also another reason, and that was to allow the new council time to self-inflict, and then return when my personal circumstances allowed, and point out how hypocritical politics and politicians are.
As I said to 'the boys' when they got me to stand, "If I get elected no-one will ever be able to say 'he doesn't know what he's talking about, he hasn't been a councillor', and I'll be able to tell you all about it, and how right we were, that it wasn't just 'pub talk'".

And I was right.

Next, if by 'the Borough's No. 1 citizen' you are referring to the Mayor, that would be Graham Bartlett.
YOU have been totally stupid now, because YOU have allowed me the opportunity to point out facts that should be highly embarrassing to the said Mr Bartlett.
I'm not happy at making them because it is nothing personal against him. If you look closely at my words I was disgusted that Elected Members had considered someone with such a black mark as worthy of being Mayor of the Borough.
We all do things that are wrong to a certain degree - I've a long spent conviction - and people accept that, forgive and/or forget and move on.
If one had to have a clean record in order to enter public office I suspect that candidates and choice would be severely restricted.

However, Mr Bartlett's unfortunate episode is of such a nature that he would not be considered for inclusion in any Honours List.

Just what does this Borough look like - having someone previously convicted of dishonesty as its Mayor?????????????????
Just what does 'The Party' look like, advocating it?      

YOU, you should have taken counsel yourself before opening this up because I have taken the view that this is a Team effort.
Well, this past year or so I've won a number of battles against far bigger odds than this. In fact I won a war.

I wouldn't rate Abertillery and Llanhilleth Community Council's chances.
Because Eddie, Labourite die hard, I die harder.

I have no codes of conduct to restrict me.
YOU have used 'the Borough's No 1 citizen' as an excuse, YOU have made him a target, for I have to prove I was right in what I said.
He doesn't want to come running to me complaining, nor any of the lackey Town Councillors (two of whom are already on my radar as targets acquired).

YOU have unleashed the Dogs of War.

On 25th October 2011 I said to someone 'this is going to be a bl**dy mess'. And so it was.

Now I'm telling you the same Eddie Legge. You have initiated unimagineable strife, and once I've finished with the minnow that is the Community Council I might just go back to shark fishing.

I suggest that you apologise to the Mayor and Clerk to Abertillery & Llanhilleth Community Council now, while he is still talking to you all.
Rocke

Hmmm..........

More than 5 hours later and no reply.

Beaufort St/Cardiff closed for the day are they 'Eddie' ??????????
Or are Cllrs Sutton and Winnett on hols?

"Oh what tangled webs we weave" etc etc
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
Kdwent why did Eddie mention that Des and Carol Hillmans shop was closing down
Because it is
AND EDDIE MENTIONED IT PURELY TO SCORE POLITICAL POINTS
Why mention that Des was an independent councillor, because he was any harm in that
SEE ABOVE
Why do I keep referring to my self in the third person don’t even know what it means
ONE THINKS THAT ONE DOES
Why did I think Martins response was insulting, because it was?
THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE UP WITH MARTYN. PERSONALLY I THINK HE CALLED IT RIGHT
I did not in any way smear Michael Rose
YOUR ENTIRE POSTING WAS INTENDED TO SCORE POLITICAL POINTS. THAT IS WHY YOU ASKED WHO WAS IN CHARGE DURING 4 OF THE 10 YEARS MICHAEL ROSE TALKS ABOUT. YOU MAY NOT HAVE USED HIS NAME, BUT YOU KNEW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WERE POSTING AND WHY
Why no reply to your email, send another and ask why
I HAVE NO INTENTION WASTING ANYMORE TIME ON AN MP WHO CANNOT GIVE A STRAIGHT ANSWER    
Now tell me why you and Martyn will accept without complaint whatever Dave Rocke has to say
I SUGGEST YOU READ ROCKE'S RESPONSE ABOVE  AS TO WHY I DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD THAT TEAM LEGGE WRITES  ABOUT A WELL RESPECTED EX COUNCILLOR,
Double standards for you both
AS FOR DOUBLE STANDARDS THE WORDS POT, KETTLE, BLACK COME TO MIND.
Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes



By the way good first attempt at directly answering questions that you have been asked  Very Happy
admin

Hello all

Can I just remind everyone to be very careful that any comments they make on this forum are not  libellous. I am not suggesting that anything that has been posted has been of course. Opinionated some posts certainly have been but not libellous and I’d like to keep it that way. If I think any comments stray the wrong side of the law I shall remove them.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Admin
Eddie legge

an old bird is not caught with chaff

To ex local councillor Dave Rocke    
Sulking or showing off whatever, call it what you may, When you lost Cwmtillery to Labour Why did you say I put up with astonishing ineptitude on one side and unbelievable vituperative on the other , and all for less than a lot around here get whilst unemployed
A honest answer did you believe as Tory chancellor Osborne dose that the unemployed are getting to much  
As for your original spiteful posting about Blaenau Gwent’s No 1 citizen don’t accuse me of any wrong doing I repeated your original posing on the matter word for word  
Another honest answer why did an Independent governing body chose John Mason as deputy leader and when the leader was forced out of office deputy Mason was given the role of council leader
Another honest answer required why you said what the Francomes started Rocke would finish
We both know about dishonesty and who was convicted you were contented to sit next to one for 4 years and did your very best to discredit an other  
May 2012 a resurgent labour completed a hat trick of elections victories to reclaim Blaenau Gwent with a landslide victory over the independents
Now back to Martyn 142 and Kdwent why do you both accept without question whatever Dave Rocke says And when I do reply you dont accept
martyn142

Re: an old bird is not caught with chaff

Eddie legge wrote:
Now back to Martyn 142 and Kdwent why do you both accept without question whatever Dave Rocke says And when I do reply you dont accept

I don't. Give me an example Team Legge.
Eddie legge

Martyn 142
Who gave you the right to be judge and jury over whatever Eddie Legge says on Abertillery Forum?  
You were wrong to assume that Eddie was a member of Conservative club in Blaina  
You are also wrong to assume that Eddie was blaming Des Hillman for the closure of his wife’s shop in Blaina    
You were way out of order to say Eddies posting was the most inane spiteful comment ever posted
I don’t need to remind you about Rockes postings past and present, not a whistle blown, If it is true about you being on the Admins team, A referee of a sort why keep blowing your whistle when Eddie has the ball, time and time again you have cried foul on Eddies postings, Just to much fun making Eddie squirm, your words Martyn
kdwent

Re: an old bird is not caught with chaff

Eddie legge wrote:


Now back to Martyn 142 and Kdwent why do you both accept without question whatever Dave Rocke says And when I do reply you dont accept



See my posting above.   I have already replied to this question once and have absolutely no intention of continually giving the same answer over and over agaiN
martyn142

Eddie legge wrote:
Martyn 142
Who gave you the right to be judge and jury over whatever Eddie Legge says on Abertillery Forum?  

Like everyone else on here I am free comment on your posts and I do. What has this point got to do with your claim that I don't accept what you say?
Eddie legge wrote:
You were wrong to assume that Eddie was a member of Conservative club in Blaina  

When you told me that you weren't a member, I accepted your word, did I not?
Eddie legge wrote:
You are also wrong to assume that Eddie was blaming Des Hillman for the closure of his wife’s shop in Blaina    

It is very obvious you were. You're just too gutless to admit it.
Eddie legge wrote:
You were way out of order to say Eddies posting was the most inane spiteful comment ever posted

I think it was. Why, do you think you've made an even more inane or spiteful one? What has this point got to do with your claim that I don't accept what you say?
Eddie legge wrote:
I don’t need to remind you about Rockes postings past and present, not a whistle blown, If it is true about you being on the Admins team, A referee of a sort why keep blowing your whistle when Eddie has the ball, time and time again you have cried foul on Eddies postings, Just to much fun making Eddie squirm, your words Martyn

Martyn142 is not an administrator or a referee. What has this point got to do with your claim that I don't accept what you say?
martyn142

And with that Team Legge, I've been reminded why I stopped replying to your drivel. Even when you try to reply to a question - which you seldom do - you are so obtuse that virtually nothing you reply has any relevance to the question.

Once again, you've worn me down with your relentless stupidity. I really can't be bothered with you anymore.  Rolling Eyes
Rocke

Re: an old bird is not caught with chaff

Eddie legge wrote:
To ex local councillor Dave Rocke    
Sulking or showing off whatever, call it what you may, When you lost Cwmtillery to Labour Why did you say I put up with astonishing ineptitude on one side and unbelievable vituperative on the other , and all for less than a lot around here get whilst unemployed
A honest answer did you believe as Tory chancellor Osborne dose that the unemployed are getting to much  
As for your original spiteful posting about Blaenau Gwent’s No 1 citizen don’t accuse me of any wrong doing I repeated your original posing on the matter word for word  
Another honest answer why did an Independent governing body chose John Mason as deputy leader and when the leader was forced out of office deputy Mason was given the role of council leader
Another honest answer required why you said what the Francomes started Rocke would finish
We both know about dishonesty and who was convicted you were contented to sit next to one for 4 years and did your very best to discredit an other  
May 2012 a resurgent labour completed a hat trick of elections victories to reclaim Blaenau Gwent with a landslide victory over the independents
Now back to Martyn 142 and Kdwent why do you both accept without question whatever Dave Rocke says And when I do reply you dont accept


Where do we start then?

FIRST, the ex-councillor bit.
It's far better to be a has been than a never was, but the biggest advantage is that I've been there. Your crass repetition of that adjective simply emphasises every time that when I speak on council-related matters I speak with authority and experience.
You are so politically naive it's unbelievable. You lot had 4 years of having a go at me, in all your forms. 4 years of abject failure and you keep coming back for more.
Carry on telling our readers about my experience, and of course giving me the opportunity to show that I haven't lost it.

Next, what's this "call it what you may" claptrap?
YOU are giving it a name, not me (or was it one of the others and you haven't read the script?).

Why did I say "I put up with astonishing ineptitude on one side and unbelievable vituperative on the other , and all for less than a lot around here get whilst unemployed " ?

For the same reason that I'm making this statement:
"Today the sun is out, although it is a tad cold in the wind".
Alright, I know that will be a bit deep for you, so I'll explain.
a) it is fact; b) it is an honest, even although slightly subjective, view, one which perfectly conveys my experience whilst out walking a couple of hours ago.

I'm afraid that's as charitable and helpful as I'm going to be. If YOU (any of you) are unable to work out which side I regarded as inept and which as vituperative then there is indeed little hope for you.
You (the real Eddie Legge) are I presume unemployed.
You know how much you receive in State Support.
My take-home pay from the council was the equivalent of around £250/wk I think - and that's for physical attendances averaging 15-20 hours per week and absolutely no free social hours whatsoever - except when out of the country.
You had the chance to be a beneficiary of Labour's Education Act I presume?
Use your Maths ability to work it out.

Talking of Education:
Eddie legge wrote:
A honest answer did you believe as Tory chancellor Osborne dose that the unemployed are getting to much"

Inglish weren't wun of yor betta subjecks waz it?
Fortunately my IQ is up to puzzlers like yours.

Firstly all my answers are honest, in all senses of the word. Your futile attempt at implying that they might not be has again provided me with the opportunity of revealing some of the dark arts that the so-called clever boys use.
And, yet again, it provides me with the opportunity of raking up old muck. I've never been convicted - or even accused - of anything remotely dishonest, unlike some who replaced me as a representative of the people.
(Would you like me to name him yet again? I bet our 'No. 1 citizen' is loving you for causing this  Wink )

Oh, back on track, can you give me a link to what Mr Osborne actually said. I hope you'll understand that I won't take anything you (any of your lot) say at face value.

Eddie legge wrote:
As for your original spiteful posting about Blaenau Gwent’s No 1 citizen don’t accuse me of any wrong doing I repeated your original posing on the matter word for word
 

Firstly I don't pose, and I certainly don't posture like you clearly are.
Actually I probably do pose - a threat to your cosy little cabal.

Now, I never accused you of wrongdoing. I pointed out that you had misinterpreted - in fact let me put it stronger than that - I think that you deliberately misinterpreted what I said - in order to stir things up. Don't worry though, you won't be taken to Court for it.
My 'complaint' was that THE COUNCIL had elected someone who had a conviction for dishonest actions, which initially resulted in financial loss to the authority. (Look, you've gone and got me to air the point again now, you silly people).
 
Eddie legge wrote:
Another honest answer why did an Independent governing body chose John Mason as deputy leader and when the leader was forced out of office deputy Mason was given the role of council leader


What are you talking about?
A "governing body" of what - school governors ?
At least the second question is easier (if still banal). I thought that in most similar circumstances a deputy moves up.  

Eddie legge wrote:
Another honest answer required why you said what the Francomes started Rocke would finish
.
I'll be as helpful as I can here 'Eddie'. I'll make it process of elimination.
It's nothing to do with Planning Applications, Unauthorised Use of Land, the state of the roads, street lighting going off earlier, continued fortnightly collections of non-recycleable waste, education still being controlled by commissioners, far larger than average CTax increases, oppressive behaviour by litter wardens, a failure to curb dog-fouling, the closure of Blaentillery school and the prospect of primary school pupils not being adequately segregated from secondary education ones.
Come to think of it, Colin and Glenys were lucky - most of the latter issues weren't about in their day.

Eddie legge wrote:
We both know about dishonesty and who was convicted you were contented to sit next to one for 4 years and did your very best to discredit an other


I think you need to be very careful here.
You have till 18:00 tomorrow to expand on and clarify that remark, failing which you will fall foul of admin.
You need to explain:

a) what you mean by 'sit next to one for 4 years'.
Pushing aside the banality that you imply I sat beside someone for 4 solid years anyone with a gram of sense would know that in 4 years I most likely sat beside almost every member of the council at some point or other, and also that there are two sides to every seat (even if your stories are totally one-sided).
I can't see any way out other than for you to name who you are referring to, otherwise I can't give you an answer that I can be certain is correct.

b) in what respect are you saying that I know about dishonesty?
I'm afraid a failure to maximise the benefit of tuition in the English Language won't be a good enough reason for me.

c) who the 'another' is that you accuse me of trying to discredit.

I would have asked for your post to be pulled immediately but as you can see you have my uses.    Wink

Eddie legge wrote:
Now back to Martyn 142 and Kdwent why do you both accept without question whatever Dave Rocke says And when I do reply you dont accept


I'll answer that one for them, because I don't want them put in the embarrassing situation of having to appear to be fawning and cringing to me.

I'm open, transparent and straight as a die.

You should try it.
You might like it, and a whole host of people might start liking you.

(Ahh, like riding a bike - one never forgets !)
Eddie legge

Ex councillor Rocke a reminder  about dishonesty

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Sour Grapes
Dave Rocke when considering for the best part of four years you accepted Cllr Mason as your deputy leader and when Hillman resigned he was appointed to the role of leader
What has the new Mayor done to annoy you more than your former deputy Mason?
Were they not both involved with the Blaenau Gwent Expenses? Scandal      
To say when talking about the new Mayor, Id be ashamed to be a member of a council that elected a person who has in the past been held to account for in effect defrauding the council and council tax payers  
Tell us why you were not ashamed to serve under Deputy Mason,  
It was you Dave Rocke who brought dishonesty into the posting
Your words But they didnt have to sully the position of Mayor ,the No1 Citizen, by electing somone convicted of dishonesty whilst a councillor previously
admin

Hello again

I would prefer if admin's role wasn't used as a threat by you Rocke or anyone else. If anyone feels I need to intervene then by all means contact me and I'll look into it.

Many thanks

Admin
Eddie legge

Thanks you Admin would you please tell Martyn that Eddie Legge dose not like being called gutless
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Ex councillor Rocke a reminder  about dishonesty

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Sour Grapes
Dave Rocke when considering for the best part of four years you accepted Cllr Mason as your deputy leader and when Hillman resigned he was appointed to the role of leader
What has the new Mayor done to annoy you more than your former deputy Mason?
Were they not both involved with the Blaenau Gwent Expenses? Scandal      
To say when talking about the new Mayor, Id be ashamed to be a member of a council that elected a person who has in the past been held to account for in effect defrauding the council and council tax payers  
Tell us why you were not ashamed to serve under Deputy Mason,  
It was you Dave Rocke who brought dishonesty into the posting
Your words But they didnt have to sully the position of Mayor ,the No1 Citizen, by electing somone convicted of dishonesty whilst a councillor previously


That's your posting - not mine.

There are a number of interpretations of what you say here, one of which would, shall we say, be news to me.
I think the expression is 'publish, or be damned'.
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Thanks you Admin would you please tell Martyn that Eddie Legge dose not like being called gutless


Well all but one of you is.
Rocke

admin wrote:
Hello again

I would prefer if admin's role wasn't used as a threat by you Rocke or anyone else. If anyone feels I need to intervene then by all means contact me and I'll look into it.

Many thanks

Admin


Me being a bit too clever, sorry admin.

I'd like you to review his/their post. I'm not very happy at the words "We both know about dishonesty and who was convicted you were contented to sit next to one for 4 years and did your very best to discredit an other"

He/they have impugned just about every councillor that I served with, although I accept that only my Partnership colleagues are likely to be regarded as people I'd sit next to.
The Labour Group can complain about their own I suppose, if they feel they have been wrongly maligned or inferenced.
I'm particularly annoyed for the Member(s) who were seated around me at Full Council meetings, for our seats were 'reserved' and therefore those colleagues have been, in my view, directly referenced and in effect had questions raised regarding their integrity.    

He/they also haven't stated who they allege I tried to discredit.

It is inexcusable and most certainly not one where the excuse of poor command of English could or should be allowed.  

I took the view that I'd like this poisonous claptrap to stay up for the evening just to demonstrate the lengths this cabal will go to.

Thanks, and apologies for embroiling you.
kdwent

Rocke wrote:
Eddie legge wrote:
Thanks you Admin would you please tell Martyn that Eddie Legge dose not like being called gutless


Well all but one of you is.



lol. SmileSmile
Ian Jones

I heared a rumour Michael Rose is going to stand in the next elections anyone heard of him before ??  Smile
Rocke

Yes.

I think he stood in last year's LG elections, and failed to get elected.
If the people of a part of Blaina haven't sufficient faith in him then how he's going to convert more than 40% of Blaenau Gwent I don't know.

He does write a lot of letters to the Gazette, if my memory serves me well.

AAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps that's "Eddie Legge's" strategy.
Eddie legge

Admin I apologies for saying to Rocke you were contented to sit next to one for  4 years what was meant and what I should have said you were contented to serve on council with one for 4 years
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Admin I apologies for saying to Rocke you were contented to sit next to one for  4 years what was meant and what I should have said you were contented to serve on council with one for 4 years


Thanks Eddie. It wasn't me I was particularly thinking of, but those who did generally sit beside me.

Would you PM re. the fact that I served with one for 4 years?
I'm not being pedantic but I know of two in a similar situation but I suspect that you are referring to another.

If I did and wasn't aware I'll make it perfectly clear on here that I would have no issue with the other bits you've being saying.
I'd like you to remember that until 2008 only Abertillery and 'suburbs' were of any 'political' interest to me.

Thanks.

       - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum