Archive for - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Croeso i fforwm Abertyleri ar y we

For the old board click here
 


       - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box
Eddie legge

Our AM THANKS

Alun Davies
A really lovely day working in Brynmawr, Abertillery, Ebbw Vale and Tredegar today! Great to meet and speak with so many people.
Like ·  · Share · @AlunDaviesAM on Twitter · 10 hours ago via Twitter ·
Options
Ian Jones

Seems he spent more time in the car travelling from town to town than meeting people.
Eddie legge

Get a life

Critical people like to dispence their opinions even where they are not asked
Ian Jones

Re: Get a life

Eddie legge wrote:
Critical people like to dispence their opinions even where they are not asked


Thats the first true thing you have said Ed  Laughing
Ian Jones

Tell us all Ed why did you post this?
Ian Jones

Buddha was well known for his ability to respond to evil with good.  There was a man called Eddie who knew about his reputation and he traveled miles and miles and miles to test Buddha. When he arrived and stood before Buddha, he verbally abused him constantly; he insulted him; he challenged him; he did everything he could to offend Buddha.

   Buddha was unmoved, he simply turned to Eddie and said, “May I ask you a question?”

   Eddie responded with, “Well, what?”

   Buddha said, “If someone offers you a gift and you decline to accept it, to whom then does it belong?”

   Eddie said, “Then it belongs to the person who offered it.”

   Buddha smiled, “That is correct.  So if I decline to accept your abuse, does it not then still belong to you?”

   Eddie was speechless and walked away.
Eddie legge

More fool you

Nothing without  Labour  Did Buddha tell you that people like Eddie with a belief are equal to a   hundred Mr Jones's who have only interests
Ian Jones

Re: More fool you

Eddie legge wrote:
Did Buddha tell you that people like Eddie with a belief are equal to a   hundred Mr Jones's who have only interests


I've never met Budda Eddie but it seems you have so you tell me o wisest of the wise and possessor of an ego equal to that of a thousand normal beings  Cool
Eddie legge

Ian Jones isn’t only you I have of late been quite taken aback by some of the comments aimed at me
Stupid valley prat, Gutless, A Cowered and now in your eyes a large ego
Should I say thanks for not saying Big headed
Has anyone ever threatened you with an unfriendly visit to your home and when it didn’t happen then, was told this is a reminder of what can happen if someone pushes debate too far?
I wouldn’t know about you Ian but I was brought up to respect my elders, had words with them yes but not insulting heaven forbid if I ever called an elderly pensioner a stupid valley prat gutless a cowered or big headed and as for threats to visit an elderly persons home such a mindless thought would have never entered my head    
I am not without fault and can take criticisms but not the above mentioned insults
Neither is its courage nor its choice, But its necessity in being old
Ian Jones

Re: Get a life

Eddie legge wrote:
Critical people like to dispence their opinions even where they are not asked


As you can see Eddie it was not me who was first to stray from the original thread.
I simply pointed out that Alun Davies could not have spent as much time talking to people as he did travelling if he visited 4 towns in 1 day.
That is i believe sticking to your thread, then you yourself decided to stray from the thread and wax lyrical about my comment.

Tell me do i or other members have to ask your permission before making a comment on one of your threads as your comment above suggests if so please let me know in future if i may reply thank you.
Eddie legge

Why on earth did you assume that he spent more time in the car than meeting constituents, by car from Brynmawr to Tredegar via Abertillery and Ebbw Vale under an hour? Reply to my posts by all means but for goodness sake don’t do so in order to
Undermine another  
You couldn’t give a dam about what I wrote in reply had I been the one who called another member Prat gutless cowered and big headed you would have come down on me like a ton of bricks
Ian Jones

Eddie legge wrote:
Why on earth did you assume that he spent more time in the car than meeting constituents, by car from Brynmawr to Tredegar via Abertillery and Ebbw Vale under an hour?


Surely this should have been your reply to my first post ?



"Reply to my posts by all means but for goodness sake don’t do so in order to
Undermine another"

Rich indeed coming from you Sir!


 
"You couldn’t give a dam about what I wrote in reply had I been the one who called another member Prat gutless cowered and big headed you would have come down on me like a ton of bricks
"

It seems you only post to have an opportunity to keep bringing up past quarrels you have been party to.
May i suggest you go to the thread where you were called this if you wish to whinge about it and stick to the matter on this your original post t/y.
martyn142

Ian Jones wrote:
Tell us all Ed why did you post this?

He didn't, one of the other Eddies did.  Laughing
kdwent

Ian Jones wrote:
Seems he spent more time in the car travelling from town to town than meeting people.


Eddie what's your problem on this one. Above is Ians first response to your posting.  

Even you must agree he responded directly to your posting. He did not attack you nor stray from the subject, but made what he thought was a valid point.
Eddie legge

Why did you post Eddie simply because I wanted Forum members to know we have in Alun Davies an AM who really cares about his constituents?
I don’t ever remember Mr or Mrs Law travelling around the towns of Blaenau Gwent
When I had a private message from our new Admin I did ask in reply if he was Ian Jones now promoted
The letter said as follows Eddie, I am writing to let you know that I feel you have slipped below debate and into personal attacks on members of this forum in particular Rocke and Martyn 142
I will advise you now that any more actions of that sort will result in you being banned
I suggest that in future you stick to the subject being debated and not drag any other members, nor make disparaging remarks about their families, into any arguments
You may be having
Please take this as the only warning you will be given, you will have seen that I am willing and able to ban people so I trust that this step will not be necessary in your case.
Words can never truly say about the pleasure I get from being a forum member I am not seeking preferential treatment only like for like
stoob

"Really cares about his constituents".....do me a favour......he's on the way out anyway... Harriet Harman want's female only candidates...AGAIN....never learn.
Ian Jones

Alun Davies
A really lovely day working in Brynmawr, Abertillery, Ebbw Vale and Tredegar today! Great to meet and speak with so many people.
Like ·  · Share · @AlunDaviesAM on Twitter · 10 hours ago via Twitter ·
Options  

Posted in the Soap box forum ?

Below is the description of the soap box.

The Soap Box
If you want to let off steam about political matters here's the place to do it.
Moderators admin, moderator.

I would imagine anything posted in this part of the forum is not just for informational perposes and replies would be inevitable.

I replied directly to the content of the thread if i'm not mistaken!

Eddie replied with

"Critical people like to dispence their opinions even where they are not asked"

As far as i am aware under forum rules a member doesn't have to ask.

From that point Eddie you strayed from the thread and erred toward being personal towards my response as I was the only one to have responded at that time.

I will also add that i am not "Admin" but i will say you gave me a good laugh suggesting i might be ( I nearly fell off my chair laughing).
I will respond to a thread if i so wish as it is every members right to do so, and if someone says personal remarks i will make a measured response keeping it within forum rules.

You speak of respect for our elder's i have always tried to maintain this as my parent's brought me up to respect my elders however in the 21st Century we must also not lose sight of the fact that respect is a two way street.
I give the same respect to all people if it is warranted no matter if they are older or younger than myself.

I have had many differences with Rockie myself on forum but it has never become personal.

Do you really think that me or other members will agree with everything or anything you post ?

You may get a better response from others if you directly answered questions rather than dwell on past events, i'm pretty sure if you did this you would get the respect you seek.
Eddie legge

You either know or you dont

Because Alun Davies is the AM for Blaenau Gwent and because I posted on Forum that he had a really lovely day working in Brynmawr Abertillery Ebbw Vale and Tredegar meeting people, Ian Jones wanting to spoil the AMs day by saying seems he spent more time in the car travelling from town to town than meeting people, if you are serious Ian and believe in what you say
Tell us now  how much time do you honestly believe Alun Davies spent while travelling around his constituency by car, and then how much time did he have meeting his constituents in the towns mentioned
And as for Stoop do your self a favour and stop worrying about Harriet Harman and female politicians Alun Davies is here to stay    
I remember it being said on here that if he won the day Alun wouldn’t have a job in the Welsh Assembly he hasn’t done so badly
Welsh Labour Spokesman for Heritage, Deputy Minister for Agriculture Food Fisheries and European Programmes 2011-2013 Minister for Natural Resources and Food 2013
admin

Topic moved

I have moved this topic to the new category I have set up callled Political Information.

Admin
Saeson

Re: You either know or you dont

Eddie legge wrote:
   
I remember it being said on here that if he won the day Alun wouldn’t have a job in the Welsh Assembly he hasn’t done so badly
Welsh Labour Spokesman for Heritage, Deputy Minister for Agriculture Food Fisheries and European Programmes 2011-2013 Minister for Natural Resources and Food 2013


There are only 30 Labour AM`s (contrast that with over 250 Labour MP`s), so don`t get too excited  Rolling Eyes
Rocke

7:36am
Eddie legge wrote:
Alun Davies
A really lovely day working in Brynmawr, Abertillery, Ebbw Vale and Tredegar today! Great to meet and speak with so many people.
Like •  • Share • @AlunDaviesAM on Twitter • 10 hours ago via Twitter •
Options


Eddie Legge comes into the modern world, able to cut and paste from Twitter, possibly even his own Twitter account.

10:20am
Eddie legge wrote:
Critical people like to dispence their opinions even where they are not asked


Mmm, slipping slightly - note the misspelling of 'dispense'.

3:34pm
Eddie legge wrote:
Nothing without  Labour  Did Buddha tell you that people like Eddie with a belief are equal to a   hundred Mr Jones's who have only interests


Oops, getting worse as the day goes on - incorrect parsing creeps in.

6:00pm
Eddie legge wrote:
Ian Jones isn’t only you I have of late been quite taken aback by some of the comments aimed at me
Stupid valley prat, Gutless, A Cowered and now in your eyes a large ego
Should I say thanks for not saying Big headed
Has anyone ever threatened you with an unfriendly visit to your home and when it didn’t happen then, was told this is a reminder of what can happen if someone pushes debate too far?
I wouldn’t know about you Ian but I was brought up to respect my elders, had words with them yes but not insulting heaven forbid if I ever called an elderly pensioner a stupid valley prat gutless a cowered or big headed and as for threats to visit an elderly persons home such a mindless thought would have never entered my head    
I am not without fault and can take criticisms but not the above mentioned insults
Neither is its courage nor its choice, But its necessity in being old


Getting quite tetchy and back to his old self in style.

8:04pm
Eddie legge wrote:
Why on earth did you assume that he spent more time in the car than meeting constituents, by car from Brynmawr to Tredegar via Abertillery and Ebbw Vale under an hour? Reply to my posts by all means but for goodness sake don’t do so in order to
Undermine another  
You couldn’t give a dam about what I wrote in reply had I been the one who called another member Prat gutless cowered and big headed you would have come down on me like a ton of bricks


Mmm - looks like the cavalry has been called up. A few misplaced carriage returns, just to disturb the structure of the response, perhaps with the intention of disguising the fact that Eddie at 8pm is far more lucid and calmer than he was 2 hours earlier.
In fact, I'd say this this post was in two distinct parts, a first for EL Limited I think.

It's good to be back.
Rocke

Re: You either know or you dont

Eddie legge wrote:
Because Alun Davies is the AM for Blaenau Gwent and because I posted on Forum that he had a really lovely day working in Brynmawr Abertillery Ebbw Vale and Tredegar meeting people, Ian Jones wanting to spoil the AMs day by saying seems he spent more time in the car travelling from town to town than meeting people, if you are serious Ian and believe in what you say
Tell us now  how much time do you honestly believe Alun Davies spent while travelling around his constituency by car, and then how much time did he have meeting his constituents in the towns mentioned
And as for Stoop do your self a favour and stop worrying about Harriet Harman and female politicians Alun Davies is here to stay    
I remember it being said on here that if he won the day Alun wouldn’t have a job in the Welsh Assembly he hasn’t done so badly
Welsh Labour Spokesman for Heritage, Deputy Minister for Agriculture Food Fisheries and European Programmes 2011-2013 Minister for Natural Resources and Food 2013


I notice that Aberystywth Al picked the weekend I was away to do a tour. I presume that he was visiting his parents or whatever he uses Tredegar as his connection with the constituency for.

Jobs for the boys and girls.
As I recall there's about 30 WG roles for AMs. Labour doesn't have sufficient AMs to fill them ergo every ego gets one.

He's even more to lose when he gets dumped then.
Roses have thorns, and I'm going to enjoy being a thorn in Aberystwyth Al's sides.

 Wink
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Ian Jones isn’t only you I have of late been quite taken aback by some of the comments aimed at me
Stupid valley prat, Gutless, A Cowered and now in your eyes a large ego
Should I say thanks for not saying Big headed
Has anyone ever threatened you with an unfriendly visit to your home and when it didn’t happen then, was told this is a reminder of what can happen if someone pushes debate too far?
I wouldn’t know about you Ian but I was brought up to respect my elders, had words with them yes but not insulting heaven forbid if I ever called an elderly pensioner a stupid valley prat gutless a cowered or big headed and as for threats to visit an elderly persons home such a mindless thought would have never entered my head    
I am not without fault and can take criticisms but not the above mentioned insults
Neither is its courage nor its choice, But its necessity in being old


Respect is earned, not demanded by virtue of age.
And it's not earned by cowering away somewhere instead of meeting the challenge head on.
Who wouldn't shoot a person of whatever age who was firing at their family?

Age is no defence.
Those who use the elderly as human shields need to be well aware of that.

Uncle Barry discovered it when he tried to use the elderly and disabled to rubbish the former council.
Eating humble pie in the press a couple of weeks later as I recall.

You are being used because you can say what you want and not be hauled over the coals by the Ombudsman etc.
You are being used because it was mistakenly thought that all of us were brought up to respect our elders, no matter how badly they behave.
Things have moved on.
Your generation brought us war and ensuing peace.
You brought war because you showed weakness that belied strength and resolve.
We keep peace because we display strength.

Only fools test it.
And only the very foolish experience it.

In my opinion the name Eddie Legge has over the past few years become increasingly synonymous with collaboration, and the reputation of Eddie Legge has decended to the level where it the very mention brings forth derisive comments.

But the Labour cohorts, and Aberystwyth Al, will be happy that they continue to have one Legge to stand on.

Unfortunately it takes more than one Legge to climb all over a Rocke, let alone a family of them.
Rocke

Re: Topic moved

admin wrote:
I have moved this topic to the new category I have set up callled Political Information.

Admin


Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

Now we don't even have to view the load of borax being thrust at us.

 Laughing
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Why did you post Eddie simply because I wanted Forum members to know we have in Alun Davies an AM who really cares about his constituents?
I don’t ever remember Mr or Mrs Law travelling around the towns of Blaenau Gwent
When I had a private message from our new Admin I did ask in reply if he was Ian Jones now promoted
The letter said as follows Eddie, I am writing to let you know that I feel you have slipped below debate and into personal attacks on members of this forum in particular Rocke and Martyn 142
I will advise you now that any more actions of that sort will result in you being banned
I suggest that in future you stick to the subject being debated and not drag any other members, nor make disparaging remarks about their families, into any arguments
You may be having
Please take this as the only warning you will be given, you will have seen that I am willing and able to ban people so I trust that this step will not be necessary in your case.
Words can never truly say about the pleasure I get from being a forum member I am not seeking preferential treatment only like for like


Why do you say "new Admin"?

Anyway, one of the most famous lines in cinema history comes to me:

"Infamy, infamy. They've all got it in for me".

Never mind Ed, Carry On with the Bolitics.
Eddie legge

Old soldiers never die

To David Rocke who believes he has been there and achieved more in life than the person he has named a stupid valleys prat
Well for starters the positions that Eddie has held in the past 77 years might only have been on club committees voted on but never off and as for the many jobs he has had since leaving school 1951 never dismissed for any reason
Respect as you say is earned position and employment wise yes, and as for society’s elders should never be asked
I don’t hide behind the Abertillery Forum Admin, I plead guilty to being a person not without fault, and when I have wronged made to sufferer for it banned for aprox 4 months  
With your careless use of the F word and the threats you made to pay an unfriendly visit to the home of a 77 year old pensioner and his wife has in my opinion taken Abertillery Forum down the very  (say anything path ) that Facebook has sadly taken  
Back to Rockes Aberystruth All when Alun Davis was canvassing in Abertillery Rocke didn’t want to know and when our AM is in the area again I shall let him know    
Before I close let me say I am not alone when wanting to know why David Rocke was warned, banned and reinstated within a day
Reminds me of the Tiger who when caught, pleaded to be released saying please let me go and from now on I shall be a vegetarian
admin

Eddie.

You say you are not alone in wanting to know why I took the decision to reinstate Rocke.  

If you would care to post the names of the other people then I will happily publish my reasons.  

I have contacted you publicly as you decided to make my private conversation with you public.

And just to make clear Rocke was not warned by me he was banned without a warning, and nor did it all happen within one day.
Eddie legge

Admin Sat 18 May 1, 13 pm after reminding Forum uses that personal attacks bad language and other offensive behaviour will not be tolerated
Sat May 18 2, 35, pm Rocks threat to pay me a visit
Sat 18 2,58pm a member banned
Sat May 19 11, 59 member reinstated
Not alone when wanting to know why, my family and friends not members of Forum, but they do have access to postings,
admin

Eddie. As there are no other forum members who have expressed an interest in this matter then I see no reason to continue this discussion.

You and your family and friends are of course free to discuss it as often as you wish amongst yourselves.

I would ask you to regard this as the end of this matter and to also remind you that the decisions I take are based upon having access to all the information.  They may not be the correct decisions or ones that you like, but they are my decisions made in what I believe to be the best interests of this forum, and I therefore ask that you respect them.
Eddie legge

David Rocke said:
                             




QED.
kdwent

Eddie legge wrote:
David Rocke said:
                             




QED.


Yes he did and ...................  so what.  
You are acting like child now Eddie. All that's missing is the nah nah nah bit.
Eddie legge

Why Why O Why
Mon June 3d
Rocke
                      Eddie legge wrote
QED
Kdwent was he acting like a child
Rocke

Eddie legge wrote:
Why did you post Eddie simply because I wanted Forum members to know we have in Alun Davies an AM who really cares about his constituents?
I don’t ever remember Mr or Mrs Law travelling around the towns of Blaenau Gwent
When I had a private message from our new Admin I did ask in reply if he was Ian Jones now promoted
The letter said as follows Eddie, I am writing to let you know that I feel you have slipped below debate and into personal attacks on members of this forum in particular Rocke and Martyn 142
I will advise you now that any more actions of that sort will result in you being banned
I suggest that in future you stick to the subject being debated and not drag any other members, nor make disparaging remarks about their families, into any arguments
You may be having
Please take this as the only warning you will be given, you will have seen that I am willing and able to ban people so I trust that this step will not be necessary in your case.
Words can never truly say about the pleasure I get from being a forum member I am not seeking preferential treatment only like for like


They didn't have to - they lived here and presumably were 'available daily'.


Is your mother still alive and available to be insulted as you did mine?

I understand that Aberystwyth Al is big into PR.
My next challenge then.

Bosnia wasn't it?
Old men, human sacrifices.

Nothing's changed much then in principle.
However, Blaenau Gwent is a different battleground.
Rocke

Re: Old soldiers never die

Eddie legge wrote:
To David Rocke who believes he has been there and achieved more in life than the person he has named a stupid valleys prat
Well for starters the positions that Eddie has held in the past 77 years might only have been on club committees voted on but never off and as for the many jobs he has had since leaving school 1951 never dismissed for any reason
Respect as you say is earned position and employment wise yes, and as for society’s elders should never be asked
I don’t hide behind the Abertillery Forum Admin, I plead guilty to being a person not without fault, and when I have wronged made to sufferer for it banned for aprox 4 months  
With your careless use of the F word and the threats you made to pay an unfriendly visit to the home of a 77 year old pensioner and his wife has in my opinion taken Abertillery Forum down the very  (say anything path ) that Facebook has sadly taken  
Back to Rockes Aberystruth All when Alun Davis was canvassing in Abertillery Rocke didn’t want to know and when our AM is in the area again I shall let him know    
Before I close let me say I am not alone when wanting to know why David Rocke was warned, banned and reinstated within a day
Reminds me of the Tiger who when caught, pleaded to be released saying please let me go and from now on I shall be a vegetarian


MMM, for some reason this series of posts weren't flagged up (or possibly I didn't realise they had been flagged by my EL Limited warning system).

'Club Committees' - says it all.

Why have you mentioned that you were 'never dismissed once'?
Surely you weren't dismissed more than once ???????????

77 years, left school in 1951.
Left school at 15 then - I was capable of assimilating knowledge until 19.

'Society's elders' ?????????????
Great.
YOU took us into World Wars.
Those who FOUGHT brought us out of them.
You who demand our gratitude need to made aware that the generations 'your' generation enabled have given you more peace in your lifetime than you ever gave yourselves.
Yet we revere you for what you did, the hardships endured, the sacrifices made.
And prats like you reward us not with your thanks but with demands that we fawn to all your utterings, that we say 'lo, the elder has spoken, we must accept without question'.

Eddie Legge, a modern-day Neville Chamberlain.
"I have on my computer a tweet from Alun Davies AM............"

I understand that you have been warned not to put words into my mouth, yet you have done it again.
You weren't there to defend yourself, but much more to the point neither was the cavalry.
All brave internet talk and no Valleys action.

They left you - a loyal servant - to it Eddie.
They allegedly placed you in a situation of clear and present danger.
And they did nothing, not a sausage.

Lots of little fishies, plenty of ground bait - and guess who they decided should bite on the hook?

I don 't need to do any more.

But I will.
Thank goodness that the vast majority of your generation weren't as naive as you or Chamberlain.
Rocke

kdwent wrote:
Eddie legge wrote:
David Rocke said:
                             




QED.


Yes he did and ...................  so what.  
You are acting like child now Eddie. All that's missing is the nah nah nah bit.


I don't think he grasps the sarcasm to be blunt kd.

EDDIE - I quoted you.
As it happens you said nothing in reply.

DO YOU GET IT ?????????????????????

       - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum