Archive for - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Croeso i fforwm Abertyleri ar y we

For the old board click here
 


       - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box
wolfy

top tips section abertillery

i thought i would start a top tips thread for abertillery

tip 1

running out of space to store rubbish and recycling?

just finished your can of coke and got no where to put until you get home find a bin?

don't worry simply stick upturned can or drink bottle onto top of fence posts while walking up alma street!, job done!

tip2:

just finished your yummy nutritious mc donalds meal and whilst driving along the streets of cwmtillery cannot find antywhere to put the packaging ?

this ones easy!.......just throw out of window as you are driving along!
Ian

I see where your coming from on this one Wolfy so,

Tip 3

If you and a load of your mates are on the mountain drinking bottles and you can't be bothered to take them to a bin.

Just smash them up and leave the broken glass everywhere.
Ian Jones

Tip4 if no one has beaten me to it.. Don't forget to throw your chewing gum onto the new pavements to create a non slip safety surface!!
M. ERIC CANTONA

if you clean up your dogs mess dont put it in a bin leave the bag on the road or hook it on a fence or throw it on a bush or tree if your a good shot it will hang there  put your rubbish/recycle out a day early so the birds animals etc can rip it open
Carolyn

Tip 6 and 7

Park wherever you like don't bother to walk.

Ignore "Road Closed" and "No Entry" signs, they were most likely only put there to confuse you.  Rolling Eyes
SonOfACynic

Why did no one think of this before?????  Laughing

Tip 8 (I think) - Save time getting dressed in the morning...... just walk around everywhere in your PJ's and or dressing gown!!!
Eddie legge

Wolfy, Ian, M Eric CANTONA, Ian Jones Carolyn and Son OF A Cinic If you realy care about Abertillery What about the unsightly dangerous mess  caused by a collapsed Car park retaining wall from an Oak Street Garage ,on the A 467 road from Brynmawr to Abertillery and has been since before Christmas 2011   How long before a child pedestrian or motorist isn’t badly hurt
£13 million funding for future regeneration works and what a first impression for visitors and potential investors to Abertillery town
Eddie Legge
Ian

Eddies.........where's your tip,maybe it should be:

If you are the owner of a garage on Oak make sure your wall doesn't fall down,and if it does get the insurance to pay out quicker.

By the way in my view everyone contributing here cares about Abertillery,don't know what direction your coming from...hang on,yes I do it's Nantyglo.Stick with the thread and it's tongue in cheek intentions please. Rolling Eyes
Ian Jones

Eddie legge wrote:
Wolfy, Ian, M Eric CANTONA, Ian Jones Carolyn and Son OF A Cinic If you realy care about Abertillery What about the unsightly dangerous mess  caused by a collapsed Car park retaining wall from an Oak Street Garage ,on the A 467 road from Brynmawr to Abertillery and has been since before Christmas 2011   How long before a child pedestrian or motorist isn’t badly hurt
£13 million funding for future regeneration works and what a first impression for visitors and potential investors to Abertillery town
Eddie Legge


As Ian said in a different way Eddie, this thread is an attempt to lighten the mood a little.

On a more serious note if the wall is as bad as you say you are probably right to be concerned, however if as it seems by your information you have know about this wall for such a long time you have placed Children, Pedestrians and Motorists at risk by your lack of action!!!!!!!!
Eddie legge

who really cares

In reply to Ian and Ian Jones  
When I read in Gwent Gazette about people in Blaenau Gwent  who had been taken to court over litter dropping and were fined £400 I reminded Gazette  via email about collapsed wall in Abertillery and the length of time it had been there, I did believe and in light of the excessive fines imposed on those mentioned it would have made for interesting reading sadly no interest
The reason I did not mention collapsed wall with Tongue in cheek intentions because such comments are not meant to be taken seriously
Having said that and because I said how long before a child Pedestrian or motorist is hurt because of the dangerous mess Ian Jones suggests that if the worse were to happen Eddie Legge might well have been to blame, When next you reply Mr Jones
Please tell us how many councillors past and present can say they didn’t know about, collapsed wall, how many Forum members, how many motorists joggers and pedestrians,    
Before I go Ian Jones please consider the following if you had spent a considerable amount of money on your home with the intention of attracting would be buyers would you have left such an ugly dangerous eyesore in your front garden
Eddie Legge
Ian Jones

Re: who really cares

Eddie legge wrote:
In reply to Ian and Ian Jones  
When I read in Gwent Gazette about people in Blaenau Gwent  who had been taken to court over litter dropping and were fined £400 I reminded Gazette  via email about collapsed wall in Abertillery and the length of time it had been there, I did believe and in light of the excessive fines imposed on those mentioned it would have made for interesting reading sadly no interest
The reason I did not mention collapsed wall with Tongue in cheek intentions because such comments are not meant to be taken seriously
Having said that and because I said how long before a child Pedestrian or motorist is hurt because of the dangerous mess Ian Jones suggests that if the worse were to happen Eddie Legge might well have been to blame, When next you reply Mr Jones
Please tell us how many councillors past and present can say they didn’t know about, collapsed wall, how many Forum members, how many motorists joggers and pedestrians,    
Before I go Ian Jones please consider the following if you had spent a considerable amount of money on your home with the intention of attracting would be buyers would you have left such an ugly dangerous eyesore in your front garden
Eddie Legge


As usual you are being evasive Eddie,
You have known of this for quite some time, yet you haven't mentioned it on forum before.
You choose to post it on a totally unrelated thread which was meant to be a humourous way of people airing their grievances.
Also any responsible motorist would be watching the road in front and paying attention to anyone wishing to cross or walking toward them on the pavement I trust you are one, yet you  have managed to give  a very detailed description of a dangerous wall?
Finally Eddie you are better connected to councillors than most on the forum so I suggest you put your questions and criticisms to them not me!!
Ian

Tip 8 Ignore any rantings full of evasive answers and political bent from a Nantyglo resident named Eddie. Smile
Ian Jones

Ian wrote:
Tip 8 Ignore any rantings full of evasive answers and political bent from a Nantyglo resident named Eddie. Smile


Thats the best tip yet Ian !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
M. ERIC CANTONA

tip? ignore eddie  next tip motorists never take up one parking space depending upon your degree of selfishness three spaces with one car is quite possible  shop keepers dont use expensive window glass use plyboard  dont work spend all day in spoons finish off the night with a takeaway then a taxi home
Ian Jones

Put signs on your door for annoying cold callers to ignore, and if they happen to be a teenager just trying to earn some money without resorting to criminal act's shout a 4 lettered tirade down the street at them scaring them half to death. (haven't tried this one myself yet but i've seen it in action)  Laughing
M. ERIC CANTONA

come on wolfy you started it more tips please
M. ERIC CANTONA

as a new member i researched previous posts and i admit to cribbing most of my suggestions  this is a post critisizing others i feel it is good to occasionally step back and try to see how others see us  on the oddity scale of 1 through 10  my family is about 1.25 all down to me   eg i  get a perverse pleasure watching "neighbours" who have confided in me of their dislike of each other buddying up  outloud good morning mr ------ whispered total character assassination of their past their present life their ocd etc  sad but i enjoy it  wonder what they say about me  opps not paranoid  couldnt care less
Ian Jones

Tip #?
If you have a lawn collect the dregs from beer cans, you could ask your friends and neighbours to save them for you if you don't drink yourself.
When you have collected enough, spray your lawn or any grassy area's you may have.
Then sit back and watch your grass come up half cut  Very Happy
Eddie legge

Tis time you were told Ian Jones
A man would realise the benefit of alcohol as a medicine
If he dispensed with it as a beverage

Eddie Legge
Ian Jones

Eddie legge wrote:
Tis time you were told Ian Jones
A man would realise the benefit of alcohol as a medicine
If he dispensed with it as a beverage

Eddie Legge

Very melodramatic
Thank you for the advice Eddie, even if it is in your own melodramatic way.
Unfortunately I don't have a lawn myself and I very very seldom drink these days.

Why don't you try sticking to the thread for once Ed (another top tip there) for anyone with a penchant to try making others stray from original threads!

Another top tip: Come back Rockie, Eddie misses you xx
Ian Jones

Top tip #?
Try not to aquire a "perverse pleasure watching neighbours"" as this could lead to O.C.D.
Signs of this are as follows,
Separating different vegetables on your plate.

Walking 50mtrs from your front door then coming back to rattle the handle to see if you have locked it (my Father in law always did that).

Order and symmetry: the idea that everything must line up “just right.”

Superstitions; excessive attention to something considered lucky or unlucky.

Washing your car 2 or 3 times a day.

Doubters and sinners are afraid that if everything isn’t perfect or done just right something terrible will happen or they will be punished.





Just out of interest Mr Cantona:

MERIC CANTONA Wrote:
i feel it is good to occasionally step back and try to see how others see us  on the oddity scale of 1 through 10  my family is about 1.25 all down to me   eg i  get a perverse pleasure watching "neighbours"


How can you step back to see how others judge you if you give your own assessment? Quote, "my family is about 1.25 all down to me" unquote, as you say "it is all down to you" surely you are stating a fact rather than passing an observation.
This is only what you think shouldn't you be asking others rather than watching them to get a more realistic assessment?
I hope I don't live in your Neighbourhood, it is quite nice and friendly where I live.
PS, thank you for the tip on O.C.D. opps not paranoid  Very Happy
PS, thank you for the tip on O.C.D. opps not paranoid Very Happy
PS, thank you for the tip on O.C.D. opps not paranoid Very Happy
PS, thank you for the tip on O.C.D. opps not paranoid Very Happy
PS, thank you for the tip on O.C.D. opps not paranoid Very Happy
All top tips brought to you by O.C.D (Old Codgers Department)
Badger

hi ian jones just browsing on here now and was intriqued by your post of peaple shouting obsenities at delivery boys it took me back a few yrs when i was cleaning windows up in either bishop or evelyn st whichever is the top street up from the stuite  when someone absolutly beruited a boy for delivering leaflets  the language was terrible and fairplay for the boy just stood there and took it nowsdsays the prpertraitor ewas lucky he did nt have his ass kicked peaple go on about respecting their elders with that charade u wonder why
M. ERIC CANTONA

serious tip just returned from superstore up the valley may have saved 30p door mirror knocked off in car park cost about £80 this is second time tip park as far away from everyone else as possible tip dont listen to wife and kids go to local shop can walk there in under 5 minuites
Ian Jones

Badger wrote:
hi ian jones just browsing on here now and was intriqued by your post of peaple shouting obsenities at delivery boys it took me back a few yrs when i was cleaning windows up in either bishop or evelyn st whichever is the top street up from the stuite  when someone absolutly beruited a boy for delivering leaflets  the language was terrible and fairplay for the boy just stood there and took it nowsdsays the prpertraitor ewas lucky he did nt have his ass kicked peaple go on about respecting their elders with that charade u wonder why


Top tip #? Don't walk under ladders, not superstition you just don't want a bucket or the like falling on one's head  Very Happy

You were probs in the right neck of the woods Badger, you have me boggling now as there have been several window cleaners around here over the years.
Badger

if the boy had retaliated he would have killed him what i can remember a small bloke /but then again the bloke did,nt have far to run back in the house lol
Eddie legge

Well done Edd

Biggest Tip of all let us all keep quiet about collapsed Garage Wall
Don’t for goodness sake praise Eddie Legge for mentioning such a
Dangerous unsightly mess and in so doing having it removed

Eddie Legge
Ian

I always suspected you as being delusional Eddie,perhaps this is your opportunity to prove me wrong by providing evidence that you actually had any influence over this event.Unless of course you are now admitting to being the someone other than Eddie that we always believed you to be anyway.  Rolling Eyes
10speed and brownshoe

i wonder who was reponsible for allowing the build to go ahead ie planning, builder and inspector of works etc.
SonOfACynic

Maybe the garage's insurance have finally paid out allowing the owner to pay for the removal in these hard economic times?

Maybe we should actually be thanking the kindly labour councillors who paid for the removal out of their own pockets?

One thing is for sure............

I'll put a good word in for you Ed the next time I say grace.
M. ERIC CANTONA

i assume its asset car sales fallen wall   if anyone is that interested in who is paying why dont you ask the owner  five of us in work today  lots of criticism of another person  old saying people who live in glass houses etc  strange though it really does not apply to any of us as none has had dealing with the police social services or any other authorities  five out of five solid citizens  check your past its not that far away  and its not a secret  not in the valleys
SonOfACynic

I'll be honest Eric, i'm not that interested who's paying.

I'm going to guess that Eddie didn't get it cleared up though despite his claim!!!
Brithyll

Tip ??..........when parking in the afore mentioned super store up the road use the disabled bay or the 'kids in car' bay because there is more room and it's less likely you will lose a wing mirror and you don't have to walk so far!!................sorry cantona, couldnt resist. Embarassed
leighandrews

Top tip dont buy the sun newspaper it tell lies. Look what it said about the miners in 84/85 and about liverpool football fans at hillsbrough. Just dont buy it
Ian

Tip ?? If you're a taxi driver and your going down a Street and there's a big space for you to pull in right outside the house you're going to.Don't pull into it,stay in the middle of the Street instead and block it off to all those drivers who are behind you.
Ian Jones

M. ERIC CANTONA wrote:



eg i  get a perverse pleasure

"Watching neighbours who have confided in me of their dislike for each other buddying up"
 

outloud good morning mr ------ whispered total character assassination of their past their present life their ocd etc sad but i enjoy it  wonder what they say about me  opps not paranoid  couldnt care less


Top tip "practice what we preach"
M. ERIC CANTONA

top local travel tip bryn bach park tredegar  whatever the weather go there  my wife and i took our two grandchildren yesterday a great few hours out and not too far away  no need to remortgage the farm to by the diesel for the trip
Ian Jones

Top Tip,
Don't use the car park even if you don't have a disabled parking card you can still park right under a disabled sign in Abertillery because no one cares..

       - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum