- Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum -
Croeso i fforwm Abertyleri ar y we

For the old board click here
 
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Join! (free)
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

And Out of the Woodwork Comes...........

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rocke



Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 3279


Location: Abertillery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: And Out of the Woodwork Comes...........  Reply with quote

Well, the first thing that isn't coming is self-righteous indignation from Cllr McCarthy and his merry band.

Imagine the clamour if Des Hillman, Minister for Natural Resources had told a quango that he was responsible for that he was 'disappointed' at its decision to do what it was supposed to ie. protect the environment, to the detriment of the development of a motor racing circuit (it's actually a proposed one, which viewers will know I've always been sceptical about).

Well Aberystwyth Al's - no, sorry, I gather that all is not sweetness and light up there any more - anyway our AM has given the appearance of being a bully boy or control freak.
(Strange how things won't go away, an alleged fracas between ex-Aberystwyth and Rhys Ifans was mentioned in the press not so long ago).

And what does Cllr McCarthy, former Executive Member for er... Environment in Blaenau Gwent do - an impression of an ostrich it seems.

Ex-Aberystwyth will no doubt be aware that the writing is on the wall. When the media start to bring up the past they are after blood, especially when it's 3 P's - personal, professional and political.

2 years and counting hopefully.

Start sharpening your pen Mr Rose ! Wink

PS who was the Labour lackey, Education Minister, who lost his job because he interfered in deliberations about closing a school in his constituency?
What's the difference - or was he a Tawdry Morgan apparatchik?
_________________
If you can read this, thank your teachers.
If you can read it in English, thank our Armed Services.
If you can understand it, consider MENSA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eddie smith



Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 96



PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: And Out of the Woodwork Comes........... Reply with quote

Rocke wrote:
Well, the first thing that isn't coming is self-righteous indignation from Cllr McCarthy and his merry band.

Imagine the clamour if Des Hillman, Minister for Natural Resources had told a quango that he was responsible for that he was 'disappointed' at its decision to do what it was supposed to ie. protect the environment, to the detriment of the development of a motor racing circuit (it's actually a proposed one, which viewers will know I've always been sceptical about).

Well Aberystwyth Al's - no, sorry, I gather that all is not sweetness and light up there any more - anyway our AM has given the appearance of being a bully boy or control freak.
(Strange how things won't go away, an alleged fracas between ex-Aberystwyth and Rhys Ifans was mentioned in the press not so long ago).

And what does Cllr McCarthy, former Executive Member for er... Environment in Blaenau Gwent do - an impression of an ostrich it seems.

Ex-Aberystwyth will no doubt be aware that the writing is on the wall. When the media start to bring up the past they are after blood, especially when it's 3 P's - personal, professional and political.

2 years and counting hopefully.

Start sharpening your pen Mr Rose ! Wink

PS who was the Labour lackey, Education Minister, who lost his job because he interfered in deliberations about closing a school in his constituency?
What's the difference - or was he a Tawdry Morgan apparatchik?



I find it unbielevable that a moron like rocke (well not so unbielevable) can make political capital out of a guy trying to bring employment to this area. I`ll bet Ms Sandbach wouldnt have complained if it were going to her area of north Wales. I doubt if her area is poorer than this. Why do idiots like rocke try to scupper this?
As for Leighton Andrews losing his job. Well not technically. He resigned. Why did you lose your job rocke? Exactly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rocke



Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 3279


Location: Abertillery

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: And Out of the Woodwork Comes........... Reply with quote

eddie smith wrote:
Rocke wrote:
Well, the first thing that isn't coming is self-righteous indignation from Cllr McCarthy and his merry band.

Imagine the clamour if Des Hillman, Minister for Natural Resources had told a quango that he was responsible for that he was 'disappointed' at its decision to do what it was supposed to ie. protect the environment, to the detriment of the development of a motor racing circuit (it's actually a proposed one, which viewers will know I've always been sceptical about).

Well Aberystwyth Al's - no, sorry, I gather that all is not sweetness and light up there any more - anyway our AM has given the appearance of being a bully boy or control freak.
(Strange how things won't go away, an alleged fracas between ex-Aberystwyth and Rhys Ifans was mentioned in the press not so long ago).

And what does Cllr McCarthy, former Executive Member for er... Environment in Blaenau Gwent do - an impression of an ostrich it seems.

Ex-Aberystwyth will no doubt be aware that the writing is on the wall. When the media start to bring up the past they are after blood, especially when it's 3 P's - personal, professional and political.

2 years and counting hopefully.

Start sharpening your pen Mr Rose ! Wink

PS who was the Labour lackey, Education Minister, who lost his job because he interfered in deliberations about closing a school in his constituency?
What's the difference - or was he a Tawdry Morgan apparatchik?



I find it unbielevable that a moron like rocke (well not so unbielevable) can make political capital out of a guy trying to bring employment to this area. I`ll bet Ms Sandbach wouldnt have complained if it were going to her area of north Wales. I doubt if her area is poorer than this. Why do idiots like rocke try to scupper this?
As for Leighton Andrews losing his job. Well not technically. He resigned. Why did you lose your job rocke? Exactly.


Every time, every time this forum needs livening up just say something about Labour and nEddie Smith will pop up and prove again and again how stupid its leadership and followers are.

Another example of how Labour-led education has failed.
"unbielevable" spelt incorrectly not once but twice, indicating a systemic problem not simply a typo.

And I forgot about how we the masses are looked down upon.
"As for Leighton Andrews losing his job. Well not technically. He resigned."

We're NOT idiots and sheep. One minute he had a job, the next he didn't, so he lost it.

ex-Aberystwyth Al is guilty of the same sin of lobbying something within his portfolio and hence attempting to influence an outcome.

Oh - and if our Alun thought that much of Blaenau Gwent perhaps you'd like to tell us how much he's contributed in Council Tax?

(Mr Rose, are you watching?)
_________________
If you can read this, thank your teachers.
If you can read it in English, thank our Armed Services.
If you can understand it, consider MENSA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eddie smith



Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 96



PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We're NOT idiots and sheep. One minute he had a job, the next he didn't, so he lost it."

No rocke were not idiots sounds very much like you one minute you had a job next you didnt  blah blah  Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rocke



Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 3279


Location: Abertillery

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie smith wrote:
"We're NOT idiots and sheep. One minute he had a job, the next he didn't, so he lost it."

No rocke were not idiots sounds very much like you one minute you had a job next you didnt blah blah Very Happy


You never had one.

Better a has been than a never was.
Oh, and of course a never will be.

Wink
_________________
If you can read this, thank your teachers.
If you can read it in English, thank our Armed Services.
If you can understand it, consider MENSA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rocke



Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 3279


Location: Abertillery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well, well.

So ex-Aberystwyth has been collared.

I can imagine the conversation that lead to it.

"Hell-awe butty.
Do you know whoo I am?"

"Er, yes - Mr. Davies AM for Blaenau Gwent".

"N-awe, not just that butt, do you know watt I am ?"

"Oh, er.... yes, minister".

"Thass right butt, Minista for Natrul Resawesez.
I'm yawe boss.
Now, abowt thiss prob with the birds and wildlife on my racetrack...."

And before the usual suspect(s) starts a defence of someone who in my view is too blinkered (or stupid) to realise that a racetrack on the Rassau is like having a ski slope in the Sahara and the only thing economically viable is er.... feasibility studies let me say that this is of course fictional.

As we all know, ex-Aberystwyth Al doesn't have a Valleys accent, despite his links with Tredegar, and certainly doesn't speak Valleeese.
Funny that, even despite 11 years 'in the wilderness' I never lost mine.

(Can I hear hoofbeats pounding............. Wink )
_________________
If you can read this, thank your teachers.
If you can read it in English, thank our Armed Services.
If you can understand it, consider MENSA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian Jones



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 515


Location: ABERTILLERY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rocke:
             On this occasion i really hope you have it wrong about the race track and going by the support of the groups on Facebook a lot of other people want it to happen.
You know i have been no fan of how the present Administration has conducted itself in Blaenau Gwent with their lack of transparency or how our AM and MP have let us down with the Rail link but IF this race track comes about it will be the single best thing in these Valleys since the pits and steel works shut.
OK maybe you think i am being naive for believing in the track but at least on this one issue i am trying to look on the positive side for BG's future. I myself said there would be a conflict of interests with Alun Davis wearing more than one hat but this time he put BG first i'm not interested in the why's or wherefore's merely the fact he did the right thing. I ask you please if you can't say anything good about the race track could you not mention it at all thank you.
_________________
"Assert your right to make a few mistakes. If people can't accept your imperfections, that's their fault".

Dr. David M. Burns 142 KDW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rocke



Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 3279


Location: Abertillery

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Jones wrote:
Hi Rocke:
On this occasion i really hope you have it wrong about the race track and going by the support of the groups on Facebook a lot of other people want it to happen.
You know i have been no fan of how the present Administration has conducted itself in Blaenau Gwent with their lack of transparency or how our AM and MP have let us down with the Rail link but IF this race track comes about it will be the single best thing in these Valleys since the pits and steel works shut.
OK maybe you think i am being naive for believing in the track but at least on this one issue i am trying to look on the positive side for BG's future. I myself said there would be a conflict of interests with Alun Davis wearing more than one hat but this time he put BG first i'm not interested in the why's or wherefore's merely the fact he did the right thing. I ask you please if you can't say anything good about the race track could you not mention it at all thank you.


I'm not sure why you seem to think I don't hope it will happen Ian.
No-one in their right mind wouldn't want it to happen.

However, there's nothing worse than a let-down, false hope and all that.

Everyone hoped there'd be a rail link.
Has it not happened becasue anyone said it wouldn't???????????

No - it hasn't happened because we have been shafted, and butties of the Welsh Assembly/Government ie. Labour sheep have tried to keep the lid on it.
These people (their Leader being an elected member for THIS Valley), having failed to properly provide EV with a rail link ("er... sorry, it's going to be a little short of where we hoped") have now thrown their (feather) weight behind a SECOND ie. extended line to EV, at the cost of Aber's link. And don't forget that Newport is now lobbying for an EBBW VALE - NEWPORT link, not one from Aber.


Am I to be castigated for having the wherewithal to warn against false hope yet again???????????

No-one's giving 12 million for us to have a link to somewhere-down-the-valley.
The Welsh Government is giving a few bob to have a Ev (Victoria) - EV (General Offices) extension (probably the same sort of cost as Aberbeeg - Aber).

Does anyone seriously believe that some sort of fairy godfather is going to plough 250 MILLION into a project that is likely to be a victim of the weather (and I'm talking about mist - for which there's no special tyre etc, unless cars will be fitted with radar) for 4-5 months of the year???????????????????????

ex-Aberystwyth Al is a fool, just like everyone else, if they truly believe this project is viable, without scrutinising every single detail to the smallest degree.

This is a godsend for boliticians.
Promises, not from them but from someone else.

Another Corby in the making.
Ironic thing is the boliticians did far, far more with our obsolete steelworks than Northants ones ever did.

PS - there's lot's of talk around town about all the service cutbacks - no toilets for visitors to Aberfest etc.
And McCarthy's Mob were very quick to have a go about fortnightly collections and street lighting switch-offs (but of course nowhere near as quick to reverse them).

So - how would you feel if this council put a wad of money into the pockets of people doing numerous feasibility studies at the cost of reduced services - and then found that the mother of all projects, the hope, the dreams of parents for long-term jobs for their families and children - were shattered?

My view, my caution, is here for all to see.

I bet you won't find any councillor prepared to put - and support - their (or its) case as I have.

And as for Ambitious Al, well all he's interested in of course is being seen as someone on the people's side.
Well, the true people's side is making sure that this isn't a scheme destined to failure.

He probably doesn't need to prove that he was convinced this is a goer because he went as far as exceeding his authority in order to lobby for this via the removal of potential obstacles.
Unfortunately he displayed a lack of judgement in the way he went about it.

However, what he needs to prove, in my view, is that he was properly convinced that this is a goer, that he isn't simply a disciple of those subjects of a song famous when I was a lad.

It was called 'The King is in the Altogether'.

Mr Davies should be ensuring that Blaenau Gwent's new Racetrack doesn't parody that.
The problem is of course that he's one of the courtiers.
_________________
If you can read this, thank your teachers.
If you can read it in English, thank our Armed Services.
If you can understand it, consider MENSA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rocke



Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 3279


Location: Abertillery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A report on the BBC Wales website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-28140623

Take note of one particular bit:

"The possibility was raised that Mr Davies' behaviour could cost the taxpayer millions of pounds because it paves the way for a challenge to the planning decision in the courts."

And - if this goes the way that the Wind Farm appeal did a few years ago 'taxpayer' means US - COUNCIL TAX PAYERS.

The difference is that cost the council - sorry, US - about 100,000.
Savings had to be made to make up that money. If this does end up at a planning appeal perhaps there won't be enough cash to finish Aber's 'regeneration' off.

PS - It's also very useful to read the comments on this article.
The common threads are a) that Ambitious Al knowingly broke the rules, having ignored advice from officials, should no longer be in his job and it reflects badly on Labour/Carwyn Jones that he is; and b) this project is another 'Valleywood' (remember the film studios being built over the way?), Merthyr ski slope and other delusions which all had public money pumped into feasibility studies.

British Grand Prix yesterday. How much money do you think Silverstone made out of it? a 7-figure sum at least.
How much annual profit do you think the track makes?
Yep, it's struggling to stay afloat.

What we could end up with is no birds (they'll all have taken Empty Hed's advice and found new homes) and instead of a racing circuit, a waste track.


_________________
If you can read this, thank your teachers.
If you can read it in English, thank our Armed Services.
If you can understand it, consider MENSA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - Abertillery Online Discussion Forum - Forum Index -> The Soap Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
smartBlue Style © 2002 Smartor
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum